Thread: PR900W pcp charging problem

PR900W pcp charging problem

Well Got it back,gauge showed it was 3-4 full which means it had been filled as it was in the low scale when it was sent for a clean-out hopefully to solve charging problem, which reading between the line,s There was not a problem with Just tryed to fill it my self now at low part of green with my full 3 litre air bottle same problem as before theair goes everywhere but in the valve WHAT am I doing WRONG! I have changed the probe wonder if it is the spacer seals on the probe that slide down shaft to stop probe going in to far? The only part not replaced is the adapter on the air line from the tank that the probe plugs into, nothing wrong with line and bottle fills an AA s400 ok Anyone got any ideas please? As this could mean a long drive with rifle bottle etc to Wales for the Airgun repairer there to possibly go through my charging method to see what I am doing wrong.

I doubt you are doing anything wrong.
    There is clearly a problem with the gun.

I have had a 900 for 18 months now with no problems (touch wood!)
    Easy to fill.

If you really think it's you or your equipment do you have a Local Club or gun shop who could check for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard c. View Post
    The only part not replaced is the adapter on the air line from the tank that the probe plugs into
    My guess would be that it's this that's leaking. Do you have a dowty seal on the adapter? (a dowty seal is like a washer with a rubber insert in the middle of it)

The adapter that the fill probe plugs into is called a Foster adapter. Do you use this adapter when filling your S400 or do you unscrew it and screw on the AA fill adapter when you fill the S400?

The first thing to do is to figure out where it's leaking air from. You'll be able to feel the air with your hand/fingers. Knowing where it's leaking from is going to be a much better starting point than just guessing.

Try filling it and when it starts leaking air - put your finger over the hole on the other side of the filling port - can you feel air coming out of there?
    (if you do - it's possibly either an o ring on the probe that's gone or you may just have pushed the probe in too far/not far enough)

Put your fingers around both ends of the Foster adapter - is air leaking from the end that connects with the fill probe (if it is, the o ring has gone in the Foster adapter)

If air is leaking from the connection between the Foster adapter and the line from the bottle - you probably need another dowty seal - you may need two. (This is my guess)

Is air leaking out of the barrel? - if it is, it might be that the pressure in the cylinder on the gun is too low to hold the valve closed. If this is the case, try cocking the rifle to release the hammer pressure on the valve - but be careful to de-cock the rifle afterwards.

Fill prob

I use an AA adapter you screw into end of air line to fill the 400.I believe there are 2 seals on the shaft of the probe acting as spacer so probe does not go in to far is this correct? if so where would I get replacements?as my new probe came with none and the one that came with the gun had none. It seems to leek from both sides of inlet port where probe goes in. Would you know the procedure for undoing the the probe inlet port, By the way many thanks for the imput, stops me going mad this end, Mind you did get a Rabbit this am with me lightening that cheered me up "bunnie Burgers" on menu lol I do not think i have a dowty seal if it sits on shaft as spacer I only have 2 Rubber o rings I found in me air rifle bits box.

There should be two o rings on the probe that came with the gun.
    If there aren't that's your problem.

probe

Ther are 2 o rings which sit on the probe either side of where air comes out they are there (this is the new probe ) But it had no washers on the probe acting as spacers so probe only goes in so far

My probe does not have anything other than the two o rings.
    Works fine.

You may need to apply a tiny amount of "O" ring grease to the seals on the probe. On the SMK they are transparent and it appears that no seal is evident but if you slide your fingernail over it, you will feel it.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

seals

On both my probes the seals that sit in the grooves are a brownish colour Also the 2 spare,s I have bought which are in a packet are brown also ,So it is possible i need some sort of "Lube" on the seals?

seals

Hi Ginger nut From what you say About only having only the 2 seals then I am thinking it has to be the inlet valve on the rifle that allow,s air into reservoir/Cylinder? Are they easy enough.to undo?

The fill probe for the PP900w was actually designed for the pp700 pistol. The pp700 has a larger diameter cylinder so if you push the fill probe fully into the 900 cylinder one of the sealing O rings pokes out the other side. This causes a massive leak as you describe. The fill probe supplied for the 700 has two extra O rings making 4 in total. The two extra O rings stop you pushing the fill probe in too far. If your fill probe doesn't have the two extra O rings then just don't push it in all the way.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/288792.../shares/5557SQ

this shows my fill probe with all 4 O rings. If I try to fill my pp900 without all four O rings and push the probe in all the way than it will also leak badly
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

seals

Hi Bjacobs571, I have tried pushing it in so seals on probe are sitting either side of the inlet port and still get a leak either side of port is it possible the inlet valve has a problem, But 1st i have 2 spare seals I bought I will see what happens if i replace the ones ifound and was using as spacer to stop probe going to far in.