Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Colt 1911 Pellets?

Umarex Colt 1911 Pellets?

Pistol folk,

Recently bought a Umarex Colt 1911 Pellet pistol.

Came with some hobbies pellets which I've just finished off the tin tonight.

I'm thinking about different pellets next as I can't say I was that impressed with those hobbies as there's been the odd 2 or 3 flyers per magazine and to be fair they looked like fairly old pellets.

What's the usual pellet of choice nowadays for these 8 Shot Umarex mags?

I'll try hobbies again if there recommended but just wondering if others have better suggestions?

RWS Geco Cheap and very good in my 1911. They work well in all the Umarexes without jamming etc. I find Hobbies a bit too hard when seating them in the mags.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    RWS Geco Cheap and very good in my 1911. They work well in all the Umarexes without jamming etc. I find Hobbies a bit too hard when seating them in the mags.
    Cheers bud yes I also found those hobbies quite hard to seat.

I'll get some RWS Geco from our sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Cheers bud yes I also found those hobbies quite hard to seat.

I'll get some RWS Geco from our sponsor
    Not just me then! That might have something to do with the fliers. A decent pellet seater is worth having for these. I have one of the old multi mag ones Umarex used to make which work well and also Nick from M9 Designs used to do one made from a .22 RF case with a bearing in it which is great for less than 7 mags at a time. At a pinch, a gentle prod with the lid of a Bic biro will work.

I once tried RWS Super Hollow Points in my 1911, but they are too soft and tend to foul when used, so avoid them.

Not just me then! That might have something to do with the fliers. A decent pellet seater is worth having for these. I have one of the old multi mag ones Umarex used to make which work well and also Nick from M9 Designs used to do one made from a .22 RF case with a bearing in it which is great for less than 7 mags at a time. At a pinch, a gentle prod with the lid of a Bic biro will work.

I once tried RWS Super Hollow Points in my 1911, but they are too soft and tend to foul when used, so avoid them.
    Just ordered the Geco, shall report back my thoughts once I've tried them

Thanks for the seating tips

It's been a while since I've owned a co2 pellet pistol any other tips with the 1911?

I've also ordered some pellgun lube as I bought the pistol 2nd hand I'm unsure if it's ever had any lube on the odd bulb or two.

Is it wise to lube the bulb every new one or every other etc?

Thanks

Nick

HI nick,, yeah the rwc geco will be fine, I use rws co2 target pellets in all my umarex guns pistols and rifles I found to get the best results with those..

As for the Pellgun oil, putting a drop on every other co2 capsule will be just fine and in my opinion is a good idea it's what I have done for years and 'touch wood' I have never had a gun with an airgun with a leaky seal yet, if I'm not going to be using a gun for a few months before storage I also put one drop of Pellgun oil directly onto the seal, this will keep the seal moist while not been used..
    Happy shooting.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    HI nick,, yeah the rwc geco will be fine, I use rws co2 target pellets in all my umarex guns pistols and rifles I found to get the best results with those..

As for the Pellgun oil, putting a drop on every other co2 capsule will be just fine and in my opinion is a good idea it's what I have done for years and 'touch wood' I have never had a gun with an airgun with a leaky seal yet, if I'm not going to be using a gun for a few months before storage I also put one drop of Pellgun oil directly onto the seal, this will keep the seal moist while not been used..
    Happy shooting.
    ATB, Marc..
    Thanks for the advice Marc

Just ordered the Geco, shall report back my thoughts once I've tried them

Thanks for the seating tips

It's been a while since I've owned a co2 pellet pistol any other tips with the 1911?

I've also ordered some pellgun lube as I bought the pistol 2nd hand I'm unsure if it's ever had any lube on the odd bulb or two.

Is it wise to lube the bulb every new one or every other etc?

Thanks

Nick
    Marc covered the main bits above, I'd say. The only bits I'd add is to load the CO2 with the gun inverted or slanted so that gravity does some of the work for you and to cup the slide when you release it to change mags so it doesn't thump up against the stop- it feels good to have that "clack" but you'll get less wear by damping it. I tend to use pellgun every three bulbs, but people all do different things and a lot of people, like Marc do every other one with no problems- oh, don't over-lube...you just need a drip on the top of the bulb

Marc covered the main bits above, I'd say. The only bits I'd add is to load the CO2 with the gun inverted or slanted so that gravity does some of the work for you and to cup the slide when you release it to change mags so it doesn't thump up against the stop- it feels good to have that "clack" but you'll get less wear by damping it. I tend to use pellgun every three bulbs, but people all do different things and a lot of people, like Marc do every other one with no problems- oh, don't over-lube...you just need a drip on the top of the bulb
    Brill, thanks for the tips

Yes regards the slide I do try and dampen it when opening to avoid any wear.

Treating it similar to those break barrel pistols that have the release catch I always try and avoid the clank when returning the lever back by holding the catch open.

I know what you mean though it does feel good to have the opening 'clack' but as you say it's best to dampen it really.

Thanks

Nick

Brill, thanks for the tips

Yes regards the slide I do try and dampen it when opening to avoid any wear.

Treating it similar to those break barrel pistols that have the release catch I always try and avoid the clank when returning the lever back by holding the catch open.

I know what you mean though it does feel good to have the opening 'clack' but as you say it's best to dampen it really.

Thanks

Nick
    Enjoy your 1911! I think its my favourite of the Umarexes TBH.

Happy shooting.
    ATB, Marc..
    *Makes note to give these a try* Cheers Marc

Enjoy your 1911! I think its my favourite of the Umarexes TBH.
    No problem guys

Lol its funny you should say that mate, it's the least favorite of my images guns, it just don't feel like a real 1911 to me, and I really dislike the trigger, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing though wouldn't it, it's still a very good airgun though that's for sure, a rough diamond lol

Happy shooting guys..
    ATB, Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

No problem guys

Lol its funny you should say that mate, it's the least favorite of my images guns, it just don't feel like a real 1911 to me, and I really dislike the trigger, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing though wouldn't it, it's still a very good airgun though that's for sure, a rough diamond lol

Happy shooting guys..
    ATB, Marc
    Mine's been customised a bit by Nick (M9 Designs)- fully tuned up and with a polished ali beavertail and curved backstrap etc. Sits perfectly in the hand. I added a real steel adjustable rear sight as well. I didn't think anything would wean me off my tuned CP88 which has the adjustable sights and walnut grips but this did. A bit sad really as the CP88 doesn't get used much now

yep geckos is wot i use

H&N economy are ok too. Only £4.49 from my RFD