Thread: hw99s, a few questions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hw99s, a few questions.

Good day gents, I've been lucky enough to get myself a spanking new hw99s, I have a few questions to ask.
    Having looked around I have decided on a nikko Stirling panamax 3-9x40 ao ir scope as they seem to tick the boxes and don't seem to have accumulated a great deal of negative comments in the reviews that I have read whilst choosing.
    I'm going for a forty mm scope as I want it to sit as close to the open sighted rifle as possible, this brings me to my first question, can someone with this scope please give me a diameter for the housing for objective lens please, then I can select the appropriate minimum height mounts, thanks in advance.

I have just bought the exact same scope, post the exact dimension(s) you need and I will get you them this afternoon.

I'm just after the outside diameter of the objective lens's housing for now, the length was the other issue, but that is shown on nikko's website.

How much did you pay? I spotted it for £89.99 plus postage last night, which looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by the viking View Post
    I'm just after the outside diameter of the objective lens's housing for now, the length was the other issue, but that is shown on nikko's website.

How much did you pay? I spotted it for £89.99 plus postage last night, which looks pretty good.
    Okay, I'll get that for you in about an hour. £95.00 posted.

Okay;

The objective diameter is = 51mm
    The objective diameter plus the raised grip area is = 52mm plus approx .2 of a mm
    The total diameter including protective cap is = 56mm minus approx .2 of a mm

hth

Brilliant thankyou, I shall order scope and mounts tonight.