Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana K98

Diana K98

Just stripped my newly aquired K98 and look what I found. As far as I know it has not been apart so this is how it came from the factory.

Looks like the remains of a small black plastic bag, the mind boggles.

And look at the state of the end of the spring guide.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Looks like someone was trying to dampen the twang!
    I don't see how that could have happened at the factory though. Where did you get it?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Just stripped my newly aquired K98 and look what I found. As far as I know it has not been apart so this is how it came from the factory.

Looks like the remains of a small black plastic bag, the mind boggles.

And look at the state of the end of the spring guide.

Jesus, Lucky you stripped that.

I purchased S/h but the screws and all the fittings look perfectly original. Even if it had been apart, and it is highly unlikely, who on earth would stuff a plastic bag inside.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I purchased S/h but the screws and all the fittings look perfectly original. Even if it had been apart, and it is highly unlikely, who on earth would stuff a plastic bag inside.
    A right Noddy!

Could the spring have had a plastic bag fitted at the factory that made the springs? To protect it and Diana employed a new guy and he left the bag on it?

We got springs in the compressor place I worked at and some had a plastic bag on them as they were covered in a grease coating. Was to protect it or stop the grease going on the other parts of the boxes contents.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    A right Noddy!
    I could imagine a total wombat thinking that wrapping the front third of the spring in a sandwich bag would make a good piston liner.

Alternatively, it could have been used to smuggle a bag of drugs inside the piston.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I could imagine a total wombat thinking that wrapping the front third of the spring in a sandwich bag would make a good piston liner.

Alternatively, it could have been used to smuggle a bag of drugs inside the piston.
    Maybe they come as a sealed unit, lol, It's quite funny how you find some gun internals, Have had some in the past filled with what looks like anchor butter, Must have been unsalted. Ain't seen one of these Guns in the flesh but they look rather nice,

Was their any signs of a pasty? I misplaced my packed lunch when I visited the factory.

I'm going with 'its the bag the spring came in' theory.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Was their any signs of a pasty? I misplaced my packed lunch when I visited the factory.

I'm going with 'its the bag the spring came in' theory.
    Nope, I'm going with Rooty McFrooti on this one. The idea of smuggling drugs inside guns appeals to me on so many levels.

I did feel a bit happy just after stripping the rifle.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Nope, I'm going with Rooty McFrooti on this one. The idea of smuggling drugs inside guns appeals to me on so many levels.

I think you've missed the more obvious explanation.... I'm thinking the gun itself was smuggled in from Germany in bits, each in their own little plastic bag... which means you know where that spring was probably "secreted", right ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I think you've missed the more obvious explanation.... I'm thinking the gun itself was smuggled in from Germany in bits, each in their own little plastic bag... which means you know where that spring was probably "secreted", right ?
    I thought the grease felt funny?

And smelt of shit!

That`s strange, I thought it was a funny coloured grease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Maybe the gun was smuggled inside a bag full of drugs... lets face it, nowadays you are more likely to be frowned upon admitting you shoot guns rather than narcotics
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS