Thread: .177 Tbt Shortstroke Prosport

.177 Tbt Shortstroke Prosport

Finally tuned my Prosport with delrin guides, short stroke and weihrauch seal. What a difference, hold sensitivity has disappeared, accuracy is fantastic and the firing cycle is beautifull and quiet. Didn't really rate it before compared to my tuned .177 97 but it has been transformed.

Was hesitant before cocking the first time after what I'd heard but no problem at all. Will chrono tomorrow.

A very happy bunny ☺

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    It would be interesting to see how yours would shoot against mine, I have a very early Prosport that had a shorter stroke from the factory (the same as the mk1 TX200), mines running a Vortek O ring head and a Welsh Willy kit, which won't be much different than Nick's kit (apart from Nicks being cheaper in price).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well, Pete, as you're in the South and riancast in the North West, and Nuneaton approximately in the middle, there's only one thing for it........well, two actually.......

Meet up at The Boinger Bash in June or next weekend for the Air Arms meet at Quigley Hollow!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, Pete, as you're in the South and riancast in the North West, and Nuneaton approximately in the middle, there's only one thing for it........well, two actually.......

Meet up at The Boinger Bash in June or next weekend for the Air Arms meet at Quigley Hollow!
    As soon as I saw your name against this thread I knew you were going to suggest this

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Predictable as ever then, eh?

Go on....you'd love it; you BOTH would.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I can't recommend the bash highly enough. Great chance to try some cracking guns. Just don't let Tinbum shoot your rifle. He embarrassed me with mine

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I can't recommend the bash highly enough. Great chance to try some cracking guns. Just don't let Tinbum shoot your rifle. He embarrassed me with mine

Pete
    Hi Guys,

Yes me and the missus n dog would love to come to one of the bashes so hope to see you all soon

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    It would be interesting to see how yours would shoot against mine, I have a very early Prosport that had a shorter stroke from the factory (the same as the mk1 TX200), mines running a Vortek O ring head and a Welsh Willy kit, which won't be much different than Nick's kit (apart from Nicks being cheaper in price).

Pete
    I was lucky enough to buy U.K.Neil's V'Mach'd Prosport with the prototype GinB thumbhole stock.

I've never shot a 'normal' Prosport. I am ridiculously happy with mine. If I make it to the Bash we are going to have to compare.

Just chronod and the power has actually gone up from 725 to 755 fps so pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Finally tuned my Prosport with delrin guides, short stroke and weihrauch seal. What a difference, hold sensitivity has disappeared, accuracy is fantastic and the firing cycle is beautifull and quiet. Didn't really rate it before compared to my tuned .177 97 but it has been transformed.

Was hesitant before cocking the first time after what I'd heard but no problem at all. Will chrono tomorrow.

A very happy bunny ☺
    hi how does the short stroke extension fit on the piston ?

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by busanga View Post
    hi how does the short stroke extension fit on the piston ?
    Three Loctited grub screws. You need to supply your own Loctite (Nick cannot be trusted with the stuff, all the TbT mugs are now stuck to the ceiling.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Three Loctited grub screws. You need to supply your own Loctite (Nick cannot be trusted with the stuff, all the TbT mugs are now stuck to the ceiling.)
    just watched his video on it and emailed him. Extremely helpful chap. nice bloke. will be buying a kit