Thread: Value of LP53

Value of LP53

Hello gentlemen and ladies.

I have a couple of airguns, that need new homes. First one is the Walther LP53. The gun is in excellent condition, in its original box - both rear and front sights, original cocking handle, original cleaning rod and a small plasti bac, containing a hand full of pellets, a spare o-ring and a hex key. The box is a tad worn in the corners.
    Its an early model, with the adjustable trigger.

WWhats wrong with the gun: Just near the breech, a small marking fron the wooden handle i think, and a small mark near the serial. The "blueing" (or what ever Walther used) is intact in both cases, but the markings can be seen with the naked eye (if one looks closely). And the worst being the 3 worn out "dots" on top of the pipe, ive tried to take pictures, but im not going to be any fotographer. On some of the pictures, it looks like some white scratching, but as you might notice, it moves around on the pictures, so its a reflection of the white writing on my shirt.

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/def420/library/Walther

Thanx for your time and help here, and excuse any bad english, as its not my native tounge.
    Shooting is not "Life or Death" - Its way more important.

The serial # dates your LP53 to 1957 (probably September, but could be a month either way).

As to value. Here are some older threads which may help.
    Thread 1
    Thread 2

The information from pennineway.fswo in the above links is all good, he knows his Walthers.

Danny's excellent Vintage Airgun Gallery has a useful Walther section if you want to work out which variant of LP53 you have, if you don't already know. HTH

Thank you for your answer, its Up for sale, so og anyone is interrested, make me an offer..

Quote Originally Posted by Def420 View Post
    Thank you for your answer, its Up for sale, so og anyone is interrested, make me an offer..
    Probably worth pointing out the forum rules regarding sales and valuations, you can find the relevant bit HERE.

Essentially you need to state an asking price rather than invite offers, and do it on a separate/new thread.

As it's an LP53 this section (Collectables) would be the best place in my opinion. Hope that helps, and good luck with your sale.

Thank you for showing med how to :-) Ill make a new thread, including price and All. Sorry for not following protocol.