Thread: FWB Sport breech seal.

FWB Sport breech seal.

Hi,

Does anybody know the size of the breech seal for the Sport please?
    I have tried 2 metric sizes (11mm i/d x 2.5mm c/s and 11mm x 3mm) to no avail and I can't find a 2.75mm c/s so I'm coming to a dead end.
    It wouldn't be an imperial measurement would it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Gary.

from memory it's a 10 x 3, but I'll check in a few mins after brekkers.

Vic T

The pack in the Garage says : Nitrile 70 Rubber O Rings, 3 x 10mm.

However, I don't know if they are exact replacements, as although I've been using them for years, they might be the wrong material and hardness rating, but they certainly work on a temporary basis.

HTH, Vic T

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    from memory it's a 10 x 3, but I'll check in a few mins after brekkers.

Vic T
    As above for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    The pack in the Garage says : Nitrile 70 Rubber O Rings, 3 x 10mm.

However, I don't know if they are exact replacements, as although I've been using them for years, they might be the wrong material and hardness rating, but they certainly work on a temporary basis.

HTH, Vic T
    Hi Vic,

You sent me a couple last year when I bought some bits from you. They are a good fit but the first one has spread out a little over 6 months so I'm looking for replacements before the second one wears out. If I buy 20 they should last around 10 years which is fine by me.
    VTR 70 are widely available in that size so I shall get some ordered.
    When I measured the recess I read it as 11mm i/d x16mm o/d so that was the size I ordered but the fit was not tight enough so I ordered 11mm x 17 mm which were to tight, I never thought to go down to 10mm.
    By the way since you worked on my Sport it's been treated to a re-blue and the plastic trigger has been replaced with a Maccari one which cured the safety catch issue. It's looking georgious now as well as shooting spot on.

Many thanks,
    Gary.

Chambers have them in stock

Quote Originally Posted by smallholder1 View Post
    Chambers have them in stock
    I too have seen them for sale from Chambers but at over £7 with postage I would rather buy 25 for a fiver now I've got the correct size from Vic.
    Thanks for the heads up though.

Regards,
    Gary.

Agreed 10mm x 3mm
    Cheers, Phil

Only just got back to looking at forum, but this one caught my eye, as I had a little thought about 'Sport' breech seal sizes. Here's what I have in my 'Bible'.
    FWB issue = I/D 10.00 X 3.00 as normal; however this doesn't fit all guns; some breech grooves are O/D 15.70 X I/D 10.90 = 2.40 sec'n. with a groove depth of 2.30: a 'Std' 111 O ring will fit [10.78 I/D X 2.60 sec'n.] -- works OK. It's a tight fit and has projection above face. Also a metric 10.80 X 2.60 will work.
    ATVB
    abellringer

This is excellent information, thank you. Somehow I very much doubt if FWB had O rings made in a special size so the larger than normal ones must be a standard issue. A preliminary look tells me that a near equivalent is a German metric size 011-25 which has an 11mm id and cross section of 2.5mm ... so 16mm od. I have never seen one but wonder if it would fit? It is good news that a standard Bs111 will fit though. It is possible that a further search could reveal a closer match to your measurements.
    Isn't engineering wonderful?
    Cheers, Phil

I measured mine at 11mm x 2.5mm c/s and bought "O" rings of that size which were a loose fit. I am waiting for some 10mm x 3mm c/s and I'm thinking these will fit but the STD 111 looks like it may be worth a punt.
    Thanks.

Maybe I should have said: when I refurbed a 127 last year, I bought a new piston seal, spring and breech seal from Chambers. The breech seal supplied by Chambers was a 10 x 3.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Only just got back to looking at forum, but this one caught my eye, as I had a little thought about 'Sport' breech seal sizes. Here's what I have in my 'Bible'.
    FWB issue = I/D 10.00 X 3.00 as normal; however this doesn't fit all guns; some breech grooves are O/D 15.70 X I/D 10.90 = 2.40 sec'n. with a groove depth of 2.30: a 'Std' 111 O ring will fit [10.78 I/D X 2.60 sec'n.] -- works OK. It's a tight fit and has projection above face. Also a metric 10.80 X 2.60 will work.
    ATVB
    abellringer
    I have just ordered some BS 111 "O" rings and will report back later.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I have just ordered some BS111 "O" rings and will report back later.
    The BS 111 "O" rings arrived today and I have fitted one. The gun was as quiet as it was with the 10mm x 3mm one and the fit was obviously not quite as tight so I thought all was good until I put it through the chrono and the mv was down by 50fps. So for my gun the perfect seal is the 10mm x 3mm c/s.
    I have just had a look at the auction site and a seller on there is advertising them in 2 sizes, 1 for guns with serial numbers below 5,000 and the other for higher serial numbers.
    If I'm correct in my assumations the earlier ones will be BS111 (10.77mm x 2.6mm c/s) and the later ones will be 10mm x 3mm c/s.
    If anyone has a pre 5,000 serial number Sport I have quite a few of these seals available.