Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hw50 mk1

Hw50 mk1

Hi Folks. Who owns one? and what if anything have you done to them? Thanks in advance. Mach 1.5

Sorry, Mach 1.5, can't really help with this one, but the earlier little 50 is the one that stands out as being sadly missing from my HW inventory.

I do gather that they are blooming lovely, though. Was it oft quoted that it was one of the Weihrauch brothers' favourite rifles?

My only personal experience was handling the one that belonged to Robert Thornley, Steve's son of Kestock Conversions fame. It felt absolutely lovely. And I wanted to buy it, but he wouldn't be parted from it.

When I saw Robert a couple of years ago he informed me that, sadly, some scrote had broken into Steve's shed and stolen it, along with a few other bits.

Must get one, one day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've worked on them, but sadly don't own one. All they needed was a damn good clean, new (25mm) seal, new spring and guides.

Worth getting if you get the chance.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

P.S......Nice little mini-series on the Beeman R8 on the Pyramyd Blog at the moment.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I've got an old one. Chap called Bowkett made me a Tyrolean stock for it, Venom worked on the action, and Don Blocksidge engraved,it.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I've got an old one. Chap called Bowkett made me a Tyrolean stock for it, Venom worked on the action, and Don Blocksidge engraved,it.
    Words fail me!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Sounds awful - I'll get rid of it for you, if you'll pay for my petrol.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Hi Mach,

I began fettling a .177 1974-one in 2015 - work is still under progress as it's not on my priority list.

Here a link to my report about the initial basic works in our AG-fore:
    http://www.airgun-austria.com/t3837-...aurierung.html
    Though in German there are a lot of pictures that might be interesting for you.

The gun was worn, maltreated and partly corroded.
    After dismantling I cleaned, degreased, deburred, polished all the parts and put plugs on the skirt of the piston.
    Then I spend a Vortek-kit including the Vortek piston seal and got it shooting.

After a total of about 750 shots of a range of various pellets and 300 shots of that measured the gun produces abt 9 fpe.
    The barrel seems to be oversized or even worn as it prefers heavier and/or oversized or even harder pellets so I'm still struggling to find "the" right pellet for decent accuracy.

As I said - work still under progress.
    So far it's a nice project trying to get the best out of that old "bitxx". :-)

I got one here, Needs a re-blu to be honest, I replaced the old spring for a new one but did not change the piston seal, It's a nylon one but still some places advertising them as 25mm and some recon 26mm, Looks like my old 35 but smaller, Bought a standard spring from chambers and sure it was shooting about 10ftlbs when I fitted it, Will retest it tomorrow, Nice little gun though.

Could that be Hawaii 50?

Its brother the 55 is a sublime air rifle too.

Hw50 mk1

Thanks guys. The new toy should be arriving Tuesday so will keep you posted. It's. 22 by the way. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Could that be Hawaii 50?
    That's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Words fail me!
    Must be a first!

I remember reading a write up you did on the little 50, Jim.

Maybe in the early 80s, pre SAR?

I can't remember if it was a standard rifle you were featuring or your custom one?

And that write-up, and handling young Robert Thornley's, has made me want one for a long, long time. Must get one sorted.

Arnt they pretty much the same as the hw55 less the barrel lock and sights?