Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hw50 mk1

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmm.....doing my head in here, Nick.

I KNOW I shouldn't, I really shouldn't. Dosh is tight and the alternator's just gone on the Vito, too!

And I have no spare cabinet space.

But I've wanted one for a long, long time.

And it's Burton on Trent, right? Which is where one of the step-daughters lives.

Could do with ringing them tomorrow to see if it's the earlier one with screw in end block, but I'll be at work.

Erm, erm, er......suppose they might hold on a phone call, then pay by card over phone and get step-daughter to collect?

Anyone else thinking it's the earlier one?

Er, er.......

And I haven't bought a gun this year (yet).......
    I feel your pain Tone

If you need any help arranging anything or if you get stuck with step daughter just give me a shout bud

I don't usually have the issue of no gun cabinet space most of my stuff is purely one out and one in

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Tony,
    If you look closely it looks like there is a line where an end block joins the cylinder. Could the distinctive safety arrangement tell anyone if it is an early, mid or late version for you?
    Rich.
    Thanks, Rich.

Yep, I keep trying to zoom in on the images to see if I can spot the line, but the images keep flitting all over the page when I zoom in on the iPad.

Looking at the shape of the foresight and the rounded bottom part of the grip makes me think it will be the one with the screw in end block.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I feel your pain Tone

If you need any help arranging anything or if you get stuck with step daughter just give me a shout bud

I don't usually have the issue of no gun cabinet space most of my stuff is purely one out and one in
    Cheers Nick.

Just torturing myself right now.

If it's the earlier type and I don't go for it, I know I'll later regret it and money always seems to sort itself out in the end, right?

The strange thing also is that although the missus hates me spending time shooting, she always seems quite supportive on things like this and will be saying, "If it's something you really want, go for it".

As I say, torture, sheer torture....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cheers Nick.

Just torturing myself right now.

If it's the earlier type and I don't go for it, I know I'll later regret it and money always seems to sort itself out in the end, right?

The strange thing also is that although the missus hates me spending time shooting, she always seems quite supportive on things like this and will be saying, "If it's something you really want, go for it".

As I say, torture, sheer torture....
    I get the feeling someone's going to need matchsticks for ones eyes in the morning

Phone them first thing Tone and if it's still there take it from there bud

Regards the picture on iPad just hold your finger on the picture and then save the picture go to your pictures and open up the saved picture you can zoom in no problem then

And as Rich says there's a visible line there

It does look very nice. It's not an early type as they have no safety, nor is it a late HW99 type as it has the grasping groove in the stock and looks to have the Perfekt trigger. I'm not exactly sure when the model lost the screw in block but early 80s examples had it.
    I think the current HW50 mk2 still has that type of safety.
    Last edited by Drew451; 03-05-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Yep, didn't sleep much last night.

As you say, Drew, ones from the early 80s certainly had the screw in end block, as the one I handled a little in the mid eighties certainly had this.

I can't remember right now when the HW95 was introduced. Was it '95/'95? And (could be wrong here) I would guess that the 95 was the first rifle to employ the trigger block housing as currently employed on the guns with less than 30mm bore? So anything up to mid-nineties should have the screw in block?

I'm inclined to agree with your thinking and suspect this it has the screw in block. Personally, I would prefer it so but wouldn't be too concerned if it didn't. I think it would be a wee gem, regardless.
    I hope you move on this as I can't see it resting there long now.

It's a HW50 M & as noted has the Perfekt trigger unit fitted with safety which makes it late eighties as it is stamped West Germany (W.Germany)on the breach.

The foresight looks correct for age as well as the stock shape in keeping with the early MK1.

The pic is not clear for me to say for certain if its the screw in block but I think it should be fingers crossed .

Hw 50

I own a HW50, which was originally imported from Germany with a nickel barrel, it has custom made shims to make the tollerances tighter on the breech lockup also an aussie custom breach seal. its bloody accurate and apparently a previous owner won some hft comps with it

I bought it with a beech stock which needed sorting, so took it to Chris Chell where him and Paul worked some magic on it, and now it looks and shoots superb

Hw50 mk1

Just got myself a .177 to go with my .22 I had yesterday...Happy Days...Mach 1.5

Still doing my head in over this one.

Didn't get the chance to ring today as it was mental as ever at work.

Tomorrow will be, too.

But the missus asked earlier if I was still thinking of buying it.

Unless I get her to ring in the morning?

And we've just had the bill for the alternator.

Erm, er, er.......

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

D
    A plan is afoot.

Cheers Nick, love ya.

A plan is afoot.

Cheers Nick, love ya.
    No probs Tone you can sleep at night now

Haha!

Thank you so much, Nick.

It'll be great to see you again matey and lovely to talk today.

Looking forward to a plink with a good friend and being acquainted with my lovely new little rifle.

And it has the screw in end block, folks!

Nick.....get ready for Quigley Hollow stylee man hugs.

Love ya xxxxx

And another fine example of the caring, sharing, helping spirit of the BBS.

Haha!

Thank you so much, Nick.

It'll be great to see you again matey and lovely to talk today.

Looking forward to a plink with a good friend and being acquainted with my lovely new little rifle.

And it has the screw in end block, folks!

Nick.....get ready for Quigley Hollow stylee man hugs.

Love ya xxxxx

And another fine example of the caring, sharing, helping spirit of the BBS.
    You're most welcome Tone

Glad I could help and no doubt you would of done the same for me bud

It's a lovely little gem of a rifle and you would certainly of regretted letting it slip away.

Likewise re the phone call earlier and yeah man look forward to seeing you next week