Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hw50 mk1

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    You're most welcome Tone

Glad I could help and no doubt you would of done the same for me bud

It's a lovely little gem of a rifle and you would certainly of regretted letting it slip away.

Likewise re the phone call earlier and yeah man look forward to seeing you next week
    Cheers, Nick; you're a star.

And too right re helping you out if ever I can.

As, I'm sure, the vast majority of members would, and I have seen / heard of many such lovely helping gestures on here.

Thanks again matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers, Nick; you're a star.

And too right re helping you out if ever I can.

As, I'm sure, the vast majority of members would, and I have seen / heard of many such lovely helping gestures on here.

Thanks again matey.
    Well mr TonyL is one happy bunny

Now aquatinted with his little gem and I must admit I really like that Mk1 50 it's certainly a charmer

It was a pleasure to have had the chance to shoot it and it was nice to catch up today Tone 'twas a superb afternoon plinking and chatting

Shame it went so quick but Happy days and even the weathers been ace

I certainly am one happy little bunny, Nick.

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for, firstly, spotting the rifle and, secondly, for taking the time and trouble to go and view & collect it for me.

And thank you for your kind hospitality and great company earlier today. Time was far too short and it flew by far too quickly. You're more than welcome for a return visit, matey, and a play with a load of toys.

Can't believe how nice that little pistol is, especially at THAT PRICE! Great little thing and an outstanding buy.

And your '97....... Hope you're having a good time getting acquainted down the club this evening and letting it stretch its legs at longer range.

Nick, this rifle has GOT to be a keeper. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT sell this one!

Thanks again, sir, you're a star.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

A little advice, please

from those "in the know".

I really ought to take the serial number from it and get it dated. But if it's mid to late eighties, could it have a synthetic piston seal? Guessing it might have.

So, a little earlier this evening, I managed to have a further little plink with it.

All my Weihrauch rifles to this point have the Rekord trigger. This one is average. A trigger transplant required, methinks. May seem a daft question but, due to the safety catch exiting the rear of the (screw-in) end block, will it be a straight swap in? I've never worked on a HW with the Perfekt trigger. Does the safety come out with the trigger unit, or will it be left in place, but disabled?

This gun, like the earlier '35s, goes "click" big time on cocking, so guessing there should be no question marks over potential galling? However, once cocked, when you work the barrel, as the lever gets down towards the trigger end, it feels tighter. Cocking slot? Cocking shoe horn to smooth out? I think it'll be prudent to strip it as soon as possible and have a proper look inside. Breech seal has gone really flat, so better stick one in.

Firing cycle....not much movement at all. Now, all the other older HWs I've ever shot are '35s and this little tiddler certainly has a "family resemblance" in terms of the overall feel and sound. Not a twang but more of a "cough". It feels like it could certainly do with an internal polish and re-lube, maybe the spring ends needing some polishing. If it's a steel guide, replace with the later synthetic one and some nice Delrin (or polished steel) thrust washers at both ends of the spring. I wouldn't want to do anything remotely irreversible to this little classic, just a little hand finishing.

At about 11 yards down the garden, on the open sights (that's how she'll stay), she's printing tiny little 10/11mm holes, and that's in relaxed plinking mode. Suitably loved up a little (and especially with a Rekord in there), she'll be even better.

So, finally got me a 50

Love it!

I love a story with a happy ending
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I love a story with a happy ending
    Cheers.

A trigger transplant required, methinks. May seem a daft question but, due to the safety catch exiting the rear of the (screw-in) end block, will it be a straight swap in? I've never worked on a HW with the Perfekt trigger. Does the safety come out with the trigger unit, or will it be left in place, but disabled?
    I've just had a quick look on the Chambers site. Although I probably won't be working on it just yet, I'm just interested to know about the layout of the safety. From the schematics, it looks like the safety pivots on a pin towards the rear of the trigger unit casing. So, I'm guessing push the pin out and then remove the safety from the rear? But would you need to part remove the trigger unit to gain access to the pin?

How did the visit to the club go last night, Nick?

How did the visit to the club go last night, Nick?
    Sadly didn't get chance Tone

Remembered that I was taking the wife's motor for MOT this morning, so I was giving it the once over last night when she got home from work. once time is against you it was too late really after I'd had my tucker I just wanted to chill.

Oh it also passed no problem so at least I'm in good books

Will try the 97 out next week

Nice one on the MOT, matey; glad it all went well.

And you'll have something to look forward to next week. I bet that '97 can only impress.

If your front trigger screw is M6 then it will have a leather seal,West Germany marked HW's are mid eighties rifles & your trigger has the safety the early ones both Rekord & Perfekt had no safety so yours could have the later synthetic seal but I think it will be leather because the stock was updated when the synthetic seal was fitted; but with HW you never know.

The cocking link is the same as the early HW35 which is also shared with the 55 of the same era.They can & do suffer with galling but not as bad as some of the later 99/50 models, the ears can wear on the cocking slot & the arm can mark the underside of the cylinder front of the stock mount much like the HW30 that has been posted before.
    This can all be polished out as you know, usually the internal cylinder is unmarked unlike some HW35 units where they some times have pick up marks on the rear top piston skirt & cylinder.

Cheers Landymick.

I may not get the opportunity to fettle it for a while, but I'm itching to have a look inside and get it all smoothed out. Any ideas on trigger / safety removal on this rifle, with the Perfekt trigger and safety?

The norm when swapping from Perfekt to a Rekord trigger unit is to lose the safety so an early HW Rekord unit is ideal as it has no safety .

Hi Mick,

Thank you.

However, what I was getting at was does the trigger unit and safety just come out once you have pushed the pins out, or do you have to disconnect the safety prior to dropping the unit out, as with the "tang" on the safety lever, at a casual glance it looks like the safety will have to be withdrawn from the rear?

Cheers,

Tone.

P.S. Really ought to just go and attack the little thing!

Hw50 mk1

Brought a 99s to see what all the fuss was about. Modern replacement for the old 50...guess which one I'll be selling soon!!!!....not the HW50 Mk1 put it this way. Mach 1.5