I've had my .177 HW97kt for a short while now and, I really do like using it. But, as is the way with these things, I couldn't help having a tinker with it

I had a look around at some of the options available and, finally settled on Nicks Maxi Pro kit.
I'd had one of these kits before in my TX and I loved how it handled.

Now, I've realised that I really don't enjoy stripping and reassembling this 97 - I find those pins to be a right ballache. I only wanted to do this once but, due to my lack of finesse, I managed to smash the piston extension
So, I put the thing back together and, ordered 2 more (just in case).

Then, I discovered that one does not simply purchase from Mr Bum - one recieves a service
When it comes to air rifle tuning, I do feel a bit like remedial kid in class - Nick was patient and helpful

The best advice I was given was, warm the new extension in hot water, put it on the worktop, hold the piston over it and, whack it with a book. Well blow me - the flippin' thing snapped on perfectly first time

So, I fitted the red Aussie seal that the missus got me as part of my birthday present - after a bit of resizing in the drill, I got the internals all lubed up and refitted - even though I haven't got 3 hands to work on those effing pins.

I put it in a lovely CS800 stock that I recently got from Paul (Mach 1.5) and, fitted one of Nicks 10mm brass safety catches.

Because all of this is new ground for me (I've only stripped a TX before), I've left the seal a little on the large side in the hope that it will bed in after a few hundred shots. Also, I didn't want to risk taking too much off and cocking it up completely

I managed to put a few test shots through it last night - and the result is, I'm one happy 97 owner

After moving the butt pad down a little, it comes up on aim perfectly for me and, the shot cycle is now just how I like it - a bit more subdued, it still feels like a springer but, it's quick and the recoil seems to be straight back.

For anyone else with a similar level of inexperience that would like to have a go at their own rifle, my advice is - Do it.
It can be frustrating at times but, when you get it all back together and, you're happy with those first few test shots - you'll be glad you did

Nick - thanks again for your help and advice.
Paul - again, thanks for a good deal on the stock.

Atb