Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Put one in a CS 700 stock and you have one of the best looking and functioning rifles available

Quote Originally Posted by Berry View Post
    Put one in a CS 700 stock and you have one of the best looking and functioning rifles available
    The same could be said for a TX/Prosport or a Webley Xocet/Longbow though...

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    The same could be said for a TX/Prosport or a Webley Xocet/Longbow though...
    No need to do it with a Prosport, the stock's already the best looking and has the right proportions and that's straight out the box

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yeah - totally agree. Thats why HWs are so rare and hardly anyone owns one. Perhaps its something to do with their terrible triggers and in the case of break barrels, their breech BOLTS. Then perhaps its their limited number of models. Perhaps they are just a flash in the pan.
    Give me a Wobbly barreled Webley/BSA any day with their built in safety catch (a.k.a. trigger) or better still - a Hungarian Swamp Donkey because you will never be frightened of losing it.

I had to check the date and make sure its wasn't the 1st of the 4th.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

They are bloody good. Reasonably priced and German. What is there not to knock ?

A.G

What a HW springer gives you is a very good trigger, a solid build, and a very tuneable design which you can adapt to your own design, The HW100 is probably the most rounded design out there, in terms of accuracy, which at the end of the day is what really matters, HW are in the top class!

Looks are purely subjective, some people like bottle guns, I dislike the plumbing store special appearance but as they hold more air I don't get hung up on what it looks like and frankly if looks are what really matter to you then your missing the whole point of what shooting is about, a rifle that shoots superbly, hits what you shoot at and fits you well is what matters, how it looks is pretty much irrelevant compared to how well it will shoot!

Is this thread a wind up or what, on some Air Arms rifles that I will say are very good, but,,,,, there are more parts to a Yale lock than their triggers.

One of my own below

http://i.imgur.com/Qbrv2dC.jpg
    Nice things happen to nice people.

I had a HW 35E in the 1980's and really liked it but got rid of it in the early 2000's but wished I kept it now.

If you want a Springer yep a Weihrauchs the answer. Like a Theoben and gasram go together perfectly. But then if you want a Top Trump traffic stopper, a full blown Venom will do very nicely, if you can first find one.

This Kestock HW80 from around 1980 puts a big smile on my face, everytime I pick it up.

Cheers

Try again Kestock HW80

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    If you want a Springer yep a Weihrauchs the answer. Like a Theoben and gasram go together perfectly. But then if you want a Top Trump traffic stopper, a full blown Venom will do very nicely, if you can first find one.

This Kestock HW80 from around 1980 puts a big smile on my face, everytime I pick it up.

Cheers
    So what you're saying is that the 'Air Arms TX, TXhc, Pro Elite and Prosport' are all 'sub standard crap' compared to your average outta the box, bog standard 'HW' springer then, would that analysis of your quote be correct ?...

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yeah - totally agree. Thats why HWs are so rare and hardly anyone owns one. Perhaps its something to do with their terrible triggers and in the case of break barrels, their breech BOLTS. Then perhaps its their limited number of models. Perhaps they are just a flash in the pan.
    Give me a Wobbly barreled Webley/BSA any day with their built in safety catch (a.k.a. trigger) or better still - a Hungarian Swamp Donkey because you will never be frightened of losing it.

I had to check the date and make sure its wasn't the 1st of the 4th.

ATB
    Ian
    Take no notice, hes like this every day all day but a really nice man when you get to know him. OH, and he really does like a good wobbly webley, don't let him fool you.
    Mind he does have one or two, three, four or more HWs.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    No need to do it with a Prosport, the stock's already the best looking and has the right proportions and that's straight out the box

Pete
    No good trying to preach 'prosport' to me buddy, personally I don't like'm...