Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

I don't see all the hype about Weirauchs??? Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW? Or am I missing something about the cosmetics?
    Because for me a rifle has to look good, with the right scope, mounts and so on, even down to the right sling bolts. Otherwise people would have the most accurate actions mounted on a plank of would, right?
    BASC Member

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I love you man

Pete

PS That's you off TonyL's Christmas card list.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

It depends if it's viewed as a working tool or a trinket? I use a HW100KT and 2 x Rapids purely for the simple reason of being the best for the job.... hunting tools.

Believe me the rabbits don't give a toss what they're being shot with

People love to knock things which are good !!

What the he'll you talking about ? my 1989 HW77k looks GORGEOUS and is accurate as hell

For me it's function over aesthetics. I've never had a p1ss poor accurate HW. Mind you I've had HW's that leaked at the breech (35) started to eat themselves (gaulling on the 30 and 99). I still enjoy shooting HW's because once the mechanical niggly stuff is sorted, your left with generally an accurate rifle with a blinking good trigger, which for me defines a good air rifle. Mind you, I've got Walther's (Terrus and LGV) which more than meet my requirements and in aongst my rifles nestle FWB's and smk's (!!!)

Yeah, Orrible German Square things from the same place as that nasty Angular Murkin politico umman.

Don't know why anybody bothers with them.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    People love to knock things which are good !!
    Im not trying to go against the grain, I just don't think they look that nice, maybe not all of them as I haven't seen the whole range but definitely the current models. I mean, what's the deal with that awful high pressure safety badge on the cylinder? No one else does that?

I am not one for buying "ornaments". I buy something to use it but I want it to look good at the same time.

Obviously if I was a pest controller I would buy the best tool for the job regardless of what it looks like but as this is a hobby and spend more time looking at my gun than shooting it, it may as well be pleasing on the eye.
    BASC Member

I think it stems from the days when they really were the '' back in the 70's/80's which in all honesty 'they were' compared to some of the decidedly average rifles (power wise at least) that we were churning out at the time but things have moved on 'Weihrauch' on the other hand seem to have remained a little stagnant to a point, some might even say they've gone backwards so far as their spring rifles are concerned...

Put one in a CS 700 stock and you have one of the best looking and functioning rifles available

''Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW?''
    Most probably. Lets face it, it can't be for its looks.
    I chose the BSA R10 over the Hw100 because its such a beautiful rifle. BIG mistake. It was a pile of crap. Should have bought the Hw.
    There's a lot to be said for them Hw100's. They might not be the prettiest gun out there but...

Quote Originally Posted by Berry View Post
    Put one in a CS 700 stock and you have one of the best looking and functioning rifles available
    The same could be said for a TX/Prosport or a Webley Xocet/Longbow though...

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    It depends if it's viewed as a working tool or a trinket? I use a HW100KT and 2 x Rapids purely for the simple reason of being the best for the job.... hunting tools.

Believe me the rabbits don't give a toss what they're being shot with
    Some bunnies escape due to flat batteries im told

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    The same could be said for a TX/Prosport or a Webley Xocet/Longbow though...
    No need to do it with a Prosport, the stock's already the best looking and has the right proportions and that's straight out the box

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yeah - totally agree. Thats why HWs are so rare and hardly anyone owns one. Perhaps its something to do with their terrible triggers and in the case of break barrels, their breech BOLTS. Then perhaps its their limited number of models. Perhaps they are just a flash in the pan.
    Give me a Wobbly barreled Webley/BSA any day with their built in safety catch (a.k.a. trigger) or better still - a Hungarian Swamp Donkey because you will never be frightened of losing it.

I had to check the date and make sure its wasn't the 1st of the 4th.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk