Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
    ''Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW?''
    Most probably. Lets face it, it can't be for its looks.
    I chose the BSA R10 over the Hw100 because its such a beautiful rifle. BIG mistake. It was a pile of crap. Should have bought the Hw.
    There's a lot to be said for them Hw100's. They might not be the prettiest gun out there but...
    I get where your coming from on the beezer, just a pile

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There's nothing else in production that really comes close to the choice and quality of the HW break barrels. I know the 30/99 is glawed in the cocking arm, but thats it! Everything else has a list of issues.

Theoben rammers were better build quality albeit over twice the price, but I'm struggling to think of anything else to compare?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    People love to knock things which are good !!
    Trouble is a lot of Weihrauchs are coming out of the factory that are not good. We have had 2 95s which had the springs finished by the Weihrauch chimp with an angle grinder (you could have used them as corkscrews). Then there was my HW100 with stock finished by James Howlett, the repeated problems of over and under powered guns, you really do wonder what makes you pay so much for an HW!

But when they are good they are very very good!

When the spring problems with the 95s were sorted they were brilliant. I will admit it, they were brilliant! When my 100 has a stock that was worthy of the mechanism it was a superb gun!

The problem is that Quality Control seems to go on holiday far too often!

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.e View Post
    ''Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW?''
    Most probably. Lets face it, it can't be for its looks.
    I chose the BSA R10 over the Hw100 because its such a beautiful rifle. BIG mistake. It was a pile of crap. Should have bought the Hw.
    There's a lot to be said for them Hw100's. They might not be the prettiest gun out there but...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    I get where your coming from on the beezer, just a pile
    The crying shame is that the Super10 was a superb gun, everything the R10 should have been. I have a BBR Super10 in .177, it is a brilliant gun, quiet, great shot count, accurate. The R10 was killed by penny pinching on everything. Saving pennies cost them many thousands of pounds and their reputation!

It's no secret that I am a big fan of Airsporters, but I've had guns from practically every manufacturer over the years. I recently reduced my collection and now have an Airsporter Mk 1, three Mk 2's and....

.......a HW97. I just cannot bring myself to get rid of it. It looks good and shoots superbly. I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cocking arm lug shears off and my thumb is crushed, but that aside, its a beaut and a keeper as long as I continue to shoot.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I'm probably going to be on my own here but I really don't mind the Weihrauch factory stocks. OK, plain beech but to me, some balance well having a very traditional "Sporter" design.
    Being a Southpaw, I once owned a true left hand factory stocked HW 80k .22 (which I foolishly sold) and it was great ! I currently use a 77 in a true factory LH stock and that one I'm hanging on to !
    I'd like the same in a 95 but the standard right hand stock is pretty well Ambi as are most of their stocks and it's comfortable. Having said this, the standard stocks on the 90 and 97 are a little "bulky" in the butt for me.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    Im not trying to go against the grain, I just don't think they look that nice, maybe not all of them as I haven't seen the whole range but definitely the current models.
    Important contribution, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I'm probably going to be on my own here but I really don't mind the Weihrauch factory stocks. OK, plain beech but to me, some balance well having a very traditional "Sporter" design.
    Being a Southpaw, I once owned a true left hand factory stocked HW 80k .22 (which I foolishly sold) and it was great ! I currently use a 77 in a true factory LH stock and that one I'm hanging on to !
    I'd like the same in a 95 but the standard right hand stock is pretty well Ambi as are most of their stocks and it's comfortable. Having said this, the standard stocks on the 90 and 97 are a little "bulky" in the butt for me.
    Not sure whether thay've changed much between models, but I think mine is a Mk1 and the stock is actually pretty good. The previous owner polished it with TCut, believe it or not and it has a glass-like finish. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but I wouldn't change it.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I'm probably going to be on my own here but I really don't mind the Weihrauch factory stocks.
    I do not mind them either, the Luxus 95 stock is very nice to use, the HW100 thumb hole I really do like, but when you can see machining marks in the stock you really do wonder what QC is doing!

Have you not seen the elegant Walnut stocked HW35 Export....Lush

Thumbs up

Built quality and performance is what we all look for...
    I had 77 forest laminate from sportsman gun centre and it was a pin point accurate and nice to look at but the cocking arm broke by the piston....im now not a fan of the new hw's as i think the steel they are using now is cheap and brittle and not as well made as the older hw's ....
    Had few old hw's and they feel and look great..love the look of the mk1 80 and 35 e...
    Sold my hw97 centenary as i didnt like the look of it....but it was pellet on pellet...
    It all down to personal preference....
    What you like and dont like

Function will always outweigh form, but form is important too - and HW has both to spare. Once you've smoothed over any rough edges, you're left with a top quality rifle with an unbeatable trigger, little plastic and good accuracy, all in a gun that will last a lifetime - and I really like the look and feel of the current ambi' stocks...

They are bloody good. Reasonably priced and German. What is there not to knock ?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    No need to do it with a Prosport, the stock's already the best looking and has the right proportions and that's straight out the box

Pete
    No good trying to preach 'prosport' to me buddy, personally I don't like'm...

What a HW springer gives you is a very good trigger, a solid build, and a very tuneable design which you can adapt to your own design, The HW100 is probably the most rounded design out there, in terms of accuracy, which at the end of the day is what really matters, HW are in the top class!

Looks are purely subjective, some people like bottle guns, I dislike the plumbing store special appearance but as they hold more air I don't get hung up on what it looks like and frankly if looks are what really matter to you then your missing the whole point of what shooting is about, a rifle that shoots superbly, hits what you shoot at and fits you well is what matters, how it looks is pretty much irrelevant compared to how well it will shoot!