Thread: Magnum quickshot .22

Magnum quickshot .22

Hi Can anyone help to what this gun is please ? I have been offered one by a chap, yet to view it yet but never heard of them ? Any help gratefully received Cheers

A quick google reveals it's a Gamo

Yes realise its a gamo but still cant find any info on it all all ?

From memory, it is a Gamo break-barrel springer using an 8-shot rotating magazine, the pellets being blown out of the mag (like an Umarex pellet pistol, no seating probe like a Theoben SLR or BSA Goldstar), with obvious loss of air and potential inconsistency. Mid-power: 7-9 ft/lbs.

An update of the tube-fed "Paratrooper" and "Sniper" repeaters of the 70s/80s, with the mag changed to allow easier scope fitment.

I think they were around circa 2000 or so.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    From memory, it is a Gamo break-barrel springer using an 8-shot rotating magazine, the pellets being blown out of the mag (like an Umarex pellet pistol, no seating probe like a Theoben SLR or BSA Goldstar), with obvious loss of air and potential inconsistency. Mid-power: 7-9 ft/lbs.

An update of the tube-fed "Paratrooper" and "Sniper" repeaters of the 70s/80s, with the mag changed to allow easier scope fitment.

I think they were around circa 2000 or so.
    my first airrifle was a Gamo Quickshot. Break barrel, .22, with silencer and Gamo red dot. Underpowered but actually a very capable rifle with a quick home tune. Wrote a review on here circa 2006/7 if I recall correctly.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    my first airrifle was a Gamo Quickshot. Break barrel, .22, with silencer and Gamo red dot. Underpowered but actually a very capable rifle with a quick home tune. Wrote a review on here circa 2006/7 if I recall correctly.
    What sort of tuning does it need and what should i pay for a good one ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got my step dad one from our sponsor back in the day. Strip, polish, new spring and relube and its an ok gun. I wouldn't be looking to pay much more than £50 secondhand
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Ok thanks, sounds an good garden gun