Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    It's no secret that I am a big fan of Airsporters, but I've had guns from practically every manufacturer over the years. I recently reduced my collection and now have an Airsporter Mk 1, three Mk 2's and....

.......a HW97. I just cannot bring myself to get rid of it. It looks good and shoots superbly. I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cocking arm lug shears off and my thumb is crushed, but that aside, its a beaut and a keeper as long as I continue to shoot.
    Lol your thumbs are safe from anything other than colossal bad luck, for your thumb to get squished the trigger has to fail followed by the cocking linkage at the same time, and if your THAT unlucky your probably going to get hit by an asteroid!

Is this thread a wind up or what, on some Air Arms rifles that I will say are very good, but,,,,, there are more parts to a Yale lock than their triggers.

One of my own below

http://i.imgur.com/Qbrv2dC.jpg
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Is this thread a wind up or what, on some Air Arms rifles that I will say are very good, but,,,,, there are more parts to a Yale lock than their triggers.

One of my own below

http://i.imgur.com/Qbrv2dC.jpg
    Well there are more parts in a 'tractor' than there are in your 'HW' but that don't make it any less 'Agricultural' so your point is ?...

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    What ever you say about the AA trigger also applies to the HW trigger, as so many people like to point out that AA copied the HW's

Well they didn't just copy it they improved upon it

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    What ever you say about the AA trigger also applies to the HW trigger, as so many people like to point out that AA copied the HW's

Pete
    Both are lovely.

I like the way they shoot more than how they look. But they do shoot well.

I love 'em to bits.

I have NEVER had a bad one and every single one shoots accurately.

The only one I have that HAD to have work done was a cheap (£30) project, very cosmetically challenged, pre-safety '35. And when I stripped it, the internals were lovely. Synthetic piston seal conversion and a V-Mach spring and guide set and it shoots beautifully and very accurately.

Now, I do accept that some left the factory in the past with the cropped springs, and that shouldn't have happened, but I believe that's well and truly in the past? And a very easy fix anyway.

And some of the models with the articulated cocking lever with the "galling" problems. Again, an easy fix.

I have nothing against the looks, feel or handling of the many HW models and they all boast tough, solid engineering. And most models sport the superb Rekord trigger.

I have the TX. I would not personally choose one over a HW. Yes, the internal finish is good. And it's so, so easy to work on. And, although I can shoot it accurately, for me it's much harder to shoot as accurately as easily. For me, the grip to trigger relationship, or the trigger pivot feel just doesn't feel as natural and it takes me a fair few shots at each session to dial into it.

Love the HWs and if money / space allowed, I would buy even more.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Pete
    Really?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Really?
    Yep, the AA trigger just feels a lot more refined to me.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

if aa made a break barrel air rifle i would have bought those.no line up availabe so i went with hw.some good some bad.never had a bad aa pcp though.have owned every s400 combo and no problems.now daystate i have had problems so i decided this tme to go with the hw100 laminate carbine thumbhole as i have not had one yet.would not by any brand just for the sake of staying with that brand.like all things you have to try and see what you like

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    I don't see all the hype about Weirauchs??? Is it purely just the build quality and accuracy that makes people choose an HW? Or am I missing something about the cosmetics?
    Because for me a rifle has to look good, with the right scope, mounts and so on, even down to the right sling bolts. Otherwise people would have the most accurate actions mounted on a plank of would, right?
    Build Quality....accuracy....thank god you picked the two least important elements in any type of equipment.
    Good luck with your bling
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I'm not having that either, Pete...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    I'm not having that either, Pete...
    Lets not forget that I also believe the triggers on the BSA Superstar are better feeling than the HW's (now you know I'm on something), they just seemed to have a more crisper break, I think it might actually be the trigger blade's themselves, the BSA's seems broader and the AA's is a bit more set back and just seems to feel better, may be it's the finger positioning which does it for me, it doesn't always have to be mechanically better to feel an improvement, it may be the same sort of thing when people fit a set back trigger on a HW, it's the same mechanism but it's just nicer to use, an improvement so to speak.

Pete

Gun fit is such a personal thing and different things will suit different people.

As mentioned on one of my earlier posts, the TX trigger, TO ME, feels so much less natural and you have to give it lots of conscious attention and, as up above, it must be the blade to grip relationship or pivot point. It takes me a fair few shots to "get into" it at each session. It does break cleanly.

Never had to give the Rekord a moment's thought.

I've had a few brief shots with the Superstar and I did like its trigger.

The trigger on Mick's TX (T20) is utterly lovely, but he did fit a different blade to it.

Pete
    Sounds like you have a beef about HW guns