Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weirauchs! I'm not on the bandwagon...

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Lets not forget that I also believe the triggers on the BSA Superstar are better feeling than the HW's (now you know I'm on something), they just seemed to have a more crisper break, I think it might actually be the trigger blade's themselves, the BSA's seems broader and the AA's is a bit more set back and just seems to feel better, may be it's the finger positioning which does it for me, it doesn't always have to be mechanically better to feel an improvement, it may be the same sort of thing when people fit a set back trigger on a HW, it's the same mechanism but it's just nicer to use, an improvement so to speak.

Pete
    Then you need to adjust the HW properly as it's not the same mechanism, big problem with the CD trigger is you cannot adjust the second stage independently, as it relies on the balance of both screws, if you adjust one out you adjust one in!

On the Rekord the first sear is split allowing you to set the length of pull of the first stage then adjust the second stage let off separately without affecting first stage, for me this is important as it gives me exactly the feel I want, the CD is a compromise between the two, the CD is good but it's not as tuneable as the Rekord!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Then you need to adjust the HW properly as it's not the same mechanism, big problem with the CD trigger is you cannot adjust the second stage independently, as it relies on the balance of both screws, if you adjust one out you adjust one in!

On the Rekord the first sear is split allowing you to set the length of pull of the first stage then adjust the second stage let off separately without affecting first stage, for me this is important as it gives me exactly the feel I want, the CD is a compromise between the two, the CD is good but it's not as tuneable as the Rekord!
    So what you're saying is that the CD trigger isn't the same as the Rekord, so means it's not a copy as we often get kindly reminded

Luckily for me my trigger on my Prosport is superb and I'm also lucky enough to be Weihrauch free

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Sounds like you have a beef about HW guns
    Yep it's a well known fact on here, I just find HW's bland and have no personality, that's why people spend a fortune on them to glam them up and it's normally a British company who supplies the parts to improve them.

Even after spending a fortune on a 95, I still couldn't get on with it or like it, so it had to go.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Can't remember what the trigger on my '95k' was like but I can say I don't ever remember taking any real notice of the trigger on my 'TXhc' which is sorta the point really, only thing I had to do to it when I first got the rifle was to clean all the gunk out of it other than that it does what it does which says it all for me !...

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    So what you're saying is that the CD trigger isn't the same as the Rekord, so means it's not a copy as we often get kindly reminded

Luckily for me my trigger on my Prosport is superb and I'm also lucky enough to be Weihrauch free

Pete
    No it's not the same its another internet myth, on the CD the trigger has two grub screws for first and second stages which act upon the first sear which is a single piece item, on the Rekord the first stage is set by a tab and the second stage is an adjuster which pivots the inner section of the split first sear, this allows you to set the let off point independently of the first stage so both can be tailored to your requirements!

The top sear which holds the piston latch is similar except for the CD has a recess for the different latch rod!

The CD is a good trigger , as good as the Webley Longbow one, but the Rekord is a more tuneable design.

I have had both AA and HW, I sold my Prosport for a TX200, I don't have a preference for either, they are both flawed but respond superbly to being properly modified!

This post shows the Rekord, and CD so you can see the differences-- http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...topic=77401.20
    Last edited by Artfull-Bodger; 30-04-2017 at 09:41 AM.

I had a HW 35E in the 1980's and really liked it but got rid of it in the early 2000's but wished I kept it now.

If you want a Springer yep a Weihrauchs the answer. Like a Theoben and gasram go together perfectly. But then if you want a Top Trump traffic stopper, a full blown Venom will do very nicely, if you can first find one.

This Kestock HW80 from around 1980 puts a big smile on my face, everytime I pick it up.

Cheers

Try again Kestock HW80

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yeah - totally agree. Thats why HWs are so rare and hardly anyone owns one. Perhaps its something to do with their terrible triggers and in the case of break barrels, their breech BOLTS. Then perhaps its their limited number of models. Perhaps they are just a flash in the pan.
    Give me a Wobbly barreled Webley/BSA any day with their built in safety catch (a.k.a. trigger) or better still - a Hungarian Swamp Donkey because you will never be frightened of losing it.

I had to check the date and make sure its wasn't the 1st of the 4th.

ATB
    Ian
    Take no notice, hes like this every day all day but a really nice man when you get to know him. OH, and he really does like a good wobbly webley, don't let him fool you.
    Mind he does have one or two, three, four or more HWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    If you want a Springer yep a Weihrauchs the answer. Like a Theoben and gasram go together perfectly. But then if you want a Top Trump traffic stopper, a full blown Venom will do very nicely, if you can first find one.

This Kestock HW80 from around 1980 puts a big smile on my face, everytime I pick it up.

Cheers
    So what you're saying is that the 'Air Arms TX, TXhc, Pro Elite and Prosport' are all 'sub standard crap' compared to your average outta the box, bog standard 'HW' springer then, would that analysis of your quote be correct ?...

Out of the box the TX is a better rifle, neither are remotely perfect and benefit from changes but if your not going to tinker I would go TX200 over the 97/77.

Not had any experience with the Walther, on paper it looks even better than the other two, so could well be a contender.

Out of the box the TX is a better rifle, neither are remotely perfect and benefit from changes but if your not going to tinker I would go TX200 over the 97/77.

Not had any experience with the Walther, on paper it looks even better than the other two, so could well be a contender.
    Ive handled an 'LGU, LGV, Century and Terrus' and to be quite honest with you I couldn't say that I'd be completely comfortable putting my 'hard earned' down on one, I don't know why or what it is but something just doesn't feel rite to me !...

The 'LGU' feels very front heavy, makes the TX feel anorexic...

I hated the 'Hogs back' and the stock in general on the 'Terrus' felt very square, very hard...

Horrendous synthetic stock on the 'Century' again making the rifle feel very front-endy, not enough weight at the arse end for my liking...

I think the 'LGV' was the best of the lot, nice balance, not at all front-endy, but again a very cold/dense/hard feeling stock, dare I suggest a poor choice of 'stock woods' possibly ?...
    Last edited by TORNADOS7; 30-04-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Ive handled an 'LGU, LGV, Century and Terrus' and to be quite honest with you I couldn't say that I'd be completely comfortable putting my 'hard earned' down on one, I don't know why or what it is but something just doesn't feel rite to me !...
    I have heard of some owners having problems with the trigger block long term, but without seeing this myself or having detailed knowledge of it I will just say it's internet rumour, and there's a lot of that!

I have heard of some owners having problems with the trigger block long term, but without seeing this myself or having detailed knowledge of it I will just say it's internet rumour, and there's a lot of that!
    Burned piston seals, collapsing springs and sticky/jamming trigger mechanisms is what I heard...

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    It's no secret that I am a big fan of Airsporters, but I've had guns from practically every manufacturer over the years. I recently reduced my collection and now have an Airsporter Mk 1, three Mk 2's and....

.......a HW97. I just cannot bring myself to get rid of it. It looks good and shoots superbly. I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cockid shoots superbly. I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cocking arm lug shears off and my thumb is crushed, but that aside, its a beaut and a keeper as long as I continue to shoot.
    * I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cocking arm lug shears off and my thumb is crushed*

That's because Weihrauch slide breech rifles should not of been allowed into the country until an adequate fail safe mechanical lock was placed on the compression tube. They're dangerous make no mistake about it. I can scarcely believe they get away with it to be honest. Plus to rub the salt in; they cheekily provide some pointless safety engraving on the rear block. I wouldn't buy another Weihrauch because of that alone.