Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Beretta 92F problem

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”

Umarex Beretta 92F problem

Gents I have one of these for plinking at the club and it seems to have developed a slightly odd issue wherein the power output varies between shots but only in double action...

when tou you pull the hammer back for single action it seems to work well but as soon as you try and shoot in double action one shot might be ok, th next practically fall out of the barrel, then ok and so in a random fashion.

any ideas chaps?
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Maybe the indexing pawl thingy is getting worn if it's done a heavy duty cycle, or wear on the center of little rotary mag, where it gets indexed?

How do you hold it? Straight up, or sideways gangster style?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Maybe the indexing pawl thingy is getting worn if it's done a heavy duty cycle, or wear on the center of little rotary mag, where it gets indexed?

How do you hold it? Straight up, or sideways gangster style?
    I've had it apart Roots and none of the internal parts appear worn, not sure about the centre wheel.

I will try and post photos of the mags.

Usally I hold it straight up but had to try gangsta style when I first got it, obvs.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    As above the first things you should look at are the indexing pawl and the corresponding teeth on the magazine. The indexing pawl should be flat at the tip, not angled to one side. The pawl and mags are made of monkey metal so easy to wear particularly if the gun jams a bit and the trigger is forced.
    There could also be something obstructing or rubbing on the hammer action causing friction which may reduce velocity. If you degas it and hold the hammer as you pull the trigger and let it move into the valve pin, does it feel stiff or graunchy?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    As above the first things you should look at are the indexing pawl and the corresponding teeth on the magazine. The indexing pawl should be flat at the tip, not angled to one side. The pawl and mags are made of monkey metal so easy to wear particularly if the gun jams a bit and the trigger is forced.
    There could also be something obstructing or rubbing on the hammer action causing friction which may reduce velocity. If you degas it and hold the hammer as you pull the trigger and let it move into the valve pin, does it feel stiff or graunchy?

Thanks for the tips Eyebull,

I tried the hammer thing and it feels fine, also bought a new magazine and it is still doing it...

Any ideas chaps?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Try loosening the frame screws just a tiny bit. It could be that part of the frame or the trigger linkage is warped and having the screws too tight is putting friction on the action?

Other than that, it could possibly need a new hammer spring? Sometimes they feel fine, but they aren't.

Is the valve well lubricated? Do you do that thing where you put a drop of oil on the capsule tip every now and again?
    Good deals with these members

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
    I've had it apart Roots and none of the internal parts appear worn, not sure about the centre wheel.

I will try and post photos of the mags.

Usally I hold it straight up but had to try gangsta style when I first got it, obvs.
    Dear God!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Dear God!
    Don't listen to him Flashy - You're doing everything right in my book.

Wish I could help with the Beretta, but I'm all out of ideas.

Oh very dear....

Where to start old son, we shall skip past the part about your actually going into a shop and asking the nice man for a well ard cast monkey metal replica of Mel Gibson's piece in Lethal Weapon

The truth is they aren't designed for any serious usage, I would guess that repeatedly dry firing it while prancing around naked pretending to be Bruce Willis has simply worn the poor thing out.

Seen dozens of them and the best solution is to bin it and buy something made of steel and wood like proper guns.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Oh very dear....
    Harsh but fair.

I have a Russian Makarov. Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
    Gents I have one of these for plinking at the club and it seems to have developed a slightly odd issue wherein the power output varies between shots but only in double action...

when tou you pull the hammer back for single action it seems to work well but as soon as you try and shoot in double action one shot might be ok, th next practically fall out of the barrel, then ok and so in a random fashion.

any ideas chaps?
    Hi mate, to be totally honest you might get more help on umarexboysclub forum, there is a few strip down guides..
    It's quite hard to tell by eye unless comparing the pawl next to a new one if it's worn or not as its slight when it is, but to me it sounds like a hammer and or valve issue..
    Unfortunately though the umarex beretta is one if the few guns I've not stripped right down and had to fix, (apart from the pawl and arm like I say) so can't be of much more help, if your a member of umarexboysclub though put a post on there or if your not just type in the search umarex beretta strip down, if you can't do it or can't find it, I'll make a post on there for you then send you then links, when I hear more..

My umarex beretta is the 2004 models, and has seen thousands of rounds more then I can even remember at a guess 10000+ and I have only had to change the pawl, and arm once so them not being up to heavy use is just not true,, BUT i will say though the older versions are better quality then the newer Matt versions. But even our new version 1911 is nearly 4 years old and has been at least 4000+ pellets through it, as all things in life, Some things last and some things don't last as long or develop faults it's just the way..

Like I say mate jump on UBC

ATB, Marc.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Probably a valve problem.
    Nothing to do with the gun being made from alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Try loosening the frame screws just a tiny bit. It could be that part of the frame or the trigger linkage is warped and having the screws too tight is putting friction on the action?

Other than that, it could possibly need a new hammer spring? Sometimes they feel fine, but they aren't.

Is the valve well lubricated? Do you do that thing where you put a drop of oil on the capsule tip every now and again?
    Just tried all of those things and it made no difference.

Then it did and it worked fine for a magazine full.

Then the next magazine went wonky.

etc.

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Dear God!
    No dear boy, just a prince amongst men.