Thread: Recoil/butt pads for Air arms sidelevers

Recoil/butt pads for Air arms sidelevers

Hi all

Can anybody point me in the right direction for recoil/butt pads for 80' and 90' air arms
    wood stocked air rifles ?
    Preferably ones that do not need much fettling to fit.

Thanks
    Sideleverjohn

Must be a common fault on these...i have a leftie stock with knackered butt pad

Just go to 'that site' and search for 'butt pad' and be amazed at what you find. Some will also be for rifle stocks .....

or put a wanted ad on here. There must be quite a few pads around that people have removed to add an adjustable pad. But they will in all probability need some refitting.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Just go to 'that site' and search for 'butt pad' and be amazed at what you find. Some will also be for rifle stocks .....

or put a wanted ad on here. There must be quite a few pads around that people have removed to add an adjustable pad. But they will in all probability need some refitting.
    Cheers, Phil
    Have been on all sites that sell recoil pads and no joy.
    Buying second hand means they will perish and end up with what I have already.

I always thinks rifles with cut to fit bisley pads look cheapish and spoil look of rifle.

Cheers

Always a good selection of but pads on John Knibbs site.
    I've just bought a GMK adjustable one from there after trying to find one for ages. Personally I like the look of the alloy and rubber Bisley pads on wooden stocks, each to their own I suppose. It depends on the gun though. Something older and more vintage might not look so good.
    BASC

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    It might be worth contacting Custom stocks of Sheffield as they used to make the wooden stocks for Air Arms, so they may be able to shed some light on the problem.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have a feeling some recoil pads were made of a foam rubber that hardened over time .

My khamsin one is cracking badly. Made of shit rubber back then i suppose.