Thread: Anyone make a 25mm scope mount with a 16-18mm saddle height ???

Anyone make a 25mm scope mount with a 16-18mm saddle height ???

Wotcha chaps, I have chosen a nikko panamax 3-9x40 ao it to sit a-top my new 99s, I chose a 40mm obj scope to try and keep it low down on the open sight rifle. This scope with it's cover fitted is fifty-eight mm, meaning that, to have a clearance of approximately one and a half mm above the action, I need mounts of seventeen mm. The mounts that I have found tend to be about thirteen mm saddle height for medium mounts and high mounts are aproximately twenty to twenty-one mm high.

Does anyone know of a mount available for a twenty-five mm tube, that has a saddle height between the standard medium and high heights? (About 16-18mm saddle)

If this is not possible, then as I might as well use the spare mm's that high mounts give, can anyone recommend a scope with a forty- four mm objective, A.O. & I.R that is well worth having instead? My budget is around the one hundred pound mark. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by the viking; 01-05-2017 at 12:23 PM.

You might be over-thinking this.

I really don't see (no pun intended) that you would notice any appreciable difference in performance (light transmission, field of view, etc) between scopes of comparable quality with 40, 42, or 44mm objective lenses.

Agreed Geezer, I was just thinking that if I can't get the mounts that would be ideal with a 16-18 saddle height, then by using the extra saddle height and stepping up to a forty-four mm objective lens scope I may get a higher magnification scope.

Quote Originally Posted by the viking View Post
    Wotcha chaps, I have chosen a nikko panamax 3-9x40 ao it to sit a-top my new 99s, I chose a 40mm obj scope to try and keep it low down on the open sight rifle. This scope with it's cover fitted is fifty-eight mm, meaning that, to have a clearance of approximately one and a half mm above the action, I need mounts of seventeen mm. The mounts that I have found tend to be about thirteen mm saddle height for medium mounts and high mounts are aproximately twenty to twenty-one mm high.

Does anyone know of a mount available for a twenty-five mm tube, that has a saddle height between the standard medium and high heights? (About 16-18mm saddle)

If this is not possible, then as I might as well use the spare mm's that high mounts give, can anyone recommend a scope with a forty- four mm objective, A.O. & I.R that is well worth having instead? My budget is around the one hundred pound mark. Thanks in advance.
    Not sure if I've understood your measurements correctly however usually low mounts are approx 13mm saddle height, Medium mounts are around 16-19mm and high mounts are usually around 21-24mm

If you look at the 25mm (1") mounts offered by our sponsor they give you the height dimensions of the mounts in mm usually measured as A

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...38-dovetails)/

For example select the accushot mounts on there Medium (45mm) mounts the height of A is 17mm these I would class as Medium height.

If you choose Medium Sportsmatch mounts (45mm) there dimensions for A are 19mm slightly higher but deemed Medium type mounts.

Obviously different brands offer +/- 2mm even when they say Low/Medium/High etc.

HTH

Nick