Thread: Spring Compressor.

dead centre Guest

Spring Compressor.

Could any one make me the above or even better show me in person how to strip down a springer and put it back together. I know there loads of things you can read but Im not to clever at doing things this way. What I really need is someone to show me. I read with interest on projects that you have all done and now I would like to try and do one. Im not a spotty youth who is trying to make a 1000,000 fps rifle just interested in them.

Im in herts and dont mind travelling to far. Thankyou all for reading.

Dead Centre

shrendi Guest
    What gun do you want to strip?

dead centre Guest
    I dont know yet. I thought that they would all be about the same. So that shows how much I know

shrendi Guest
    Some have very high pretension in the spring and need a spring compressor others have very little and don't.

dead centre Guest
    Right. I once took an airsporter to bits. Had a play about got a new spring for it and then that was it. I did try to put it back together but could'nt. I would like to be able to do it as a hobby sort of thing. After this I now know that you need to gain respect for air rifles thats why I would like someone to show me. Do you know what I mean.

I use a Sash Cramp with a couple of bits of thick leather glued to the clamping heads, and the whole thing clamped in a heavy vice or a workmate.
    A heavy vice is better, as you can then fit a couple of plastic ties round the action and the clamp bar to stop the whole lot from moving.
    It works for me.

dead centre Guest
    Still had no offers to show me how to stripdown a springer and rebuild it There must be someone who would be willing to show me

shrendi Guest
    You are to far away but in all honesty it's just common sense. Most HW's are easy and only require the removal of two drift pins before you unscrew the end block, Air Arms are even easier. Any gun with high pretension needs to be restrained to prevent injury and or damage to the gun. The most important thing when reinstalling is to avoid kinking the spring ie. make sure it is compressed in a straight line. Everything is covered on here somewhere so do a search and use Chambers site for parts plans.

Here is a link of a friend who has some (a lot) of experience.

http://users.skynet.be/fa830879/airgunning/index.html

dead centre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLAND
    Here is a link of a friend who has some (a lot) of experience.

http://users.skynet.be/fa830879/airgunning/index.html
    Roland. Thankyou this is a quality site. I look foward to a more indepth read tomorrow as i've just had a quick flickthrough tonight

Dead Centre