Thread: Velocipell

Velocipell

Hello

Has anyone used Webley Velocipell in .177 ? I've seen them advertised & they're supposed to increase velocity in springers etc.

I'd be using them in a variety of springer pistols.

Are they any good?

Cheers

Dave

Looks like a cheaper version of the 'matchpell' to me, similar in quality to the 'VMX' range, designed with CO2 guns in mind...

If I read the ad correctly, they claim to offer higher velocity than Webley Premiers.

Maybe they do - lighter weight? Softer lead?

But they look like pretty ordinary pellets with a specious marketing claim. Do they perform better than equivalent pellets from others - Gecos or Hobbys, for example?

Try them and let us know how you get on?

The "increases velocity" claim is marketing cobblers of the type often used in the States where there seems to be a blinkered obsession with fps, so the manufacturers often test with the absolute lightest pellet they can find, then add a hundred or so and the words "up to" in front of the claimed velocity figure.

What the blurb actually says for these ones is "Increases velocity compared to standard AccuPell"
    That's because they are quoted at 7.26gn as opposed to the 8-odd grain of accupells.

All they are is a light wadcutter-style pellet, similar to the geckos and hobbys mentioned above.

Some of the webley-branded pellets are actually pretty good anyway (for example the mosquitos go extremely well in some of my rifles) as they're usually re-branded jsb's
    They might be good and go very well in a springer pistol but as always it will be whether they suit your particular gun or not, and the only way to know is to try them out.
    I'd say give them a go anyway but don't be fooled by the blurb.

Cheers gents, i'll get some & let you know what they're like.

Ta

Dave