Thread: Meteor question

Meteor question

This may be a silly question but is there a silencer that's available for the Mk 3 BSA Meteors? Mainly to tidy a rough end of the barrel that's been cut but silencing it a little would be a good thing anyway.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I don't think a moderator is really needed, why not try a simple barrel sleeve, or even a muzzle weight. I think Jonny Neate does a nice line in muzzle weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I don't think a moderator is really needed, why not try a simple barrel sleeve, or even a muzzle weight. I think Jonny Neate does a nice line in muzzle weights.
    I know it won't fix the clanky firing cycle but wouldn't one reduce the muzzle crack a little?
    Steve

Yes there is, there's a 'Parker Hale' universal moderator available which would noticeably reduce the crack of the muzzle report but bare in mind it'll also add a little weight up front due to their steel construction...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Yes there is, there's a 'Parker Hale' universal moderator available which would noticeably reduce the crack of the muzzle report but bare in mind it'll also add a little weight up front due to their steel construction...
    Thanks, that's the info I need, added weight won't hurt as this is about me chopping a spare barrel for the fun of it with a near scrapper.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Thanks, that's the info I need, added weight won't hurt as this is about me chopping a spare barrel for the fun of it with a near scrapper.
    Piece of advice if you so care to listen, get yerself an engineers V-block off of the 'bay' the end of that barrel needs to be 'perfectly square or it'll shoot well off' also the accuracy is all in the finish of the crown "1200grd wet 'n' dry, a ball bearing and light oils are your friend here" don't over shorten it either, you can always cut a bit more off should you feel the need, once you've cut it off though you can't put it back on...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Piece of advice if you so care to listen, get yerself an engineers V-block off of the 'bay' the end of that barrel needs to be 'perfectly square or it'll shoot well off' also the accuracy is all in the finish of the crown "1200grd wet 'n' dry, a ball bearing and light oils are your friend here" don't over shorten it either, you can always cut a bit more off should you feel the need, once you've cut it off though you can't put it back on...
    Thanks.
    It's gone off to be done by a pro so not the cut and shut job the thread may suggest but interested in the method (ball bearing) you suggest.
    Steve

Including the screw cut section,how long is the finished article going to be? .

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Including the screw cut section,how long is the finished article going to be? .
    Barrel length or project completion?

Going to try to finish at a 14.5" long barrel which is a 4" chop on a spare one 1st and have the original in case it all goes wrong or I want to put back to normal.
    Not in a hurry though as I have a bathroom, a garden and two cars to sort out
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Barrel length or project completion?

Going to try to finish at a 14.5" long barrel which is a 4" chop on a spare one 1st and have the original in case it all goes wrong or I want to put back to normal.
    Not in a hurry though as I have a bathroom, a garden and two cars to sort out
    Walked into that one ,only two cars?,they're running into two figures here,including a couple of yanks.

Keep up the good work,and get that bathroom done.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Walked into that one ,only two cars?,they're running into two figures here,including a couple of yanks.

Keep up the good work,and get that bathroom done.
    Got halve a dozen cars, just two that need to do jobs on
    Steve

i'm pretty certain the old volumetric job off the superten fits.

i may have one lying around here that would need painting but its yours for the cost of postage if you want to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by jax13 View Post
    i'm pretty certain the old volumetric job off the superten fits.

i may have one lying around here that would need painting but its yours for the cost of postage if you want to give it a try
    Very good of you. paypal? pm details to me
    Thanks
    Steve