Ok as many know I've been around the houses with air rifles many times

I'm finding myself wanting a lightweight close range informal paper Puncher/plinker.

Intended use is for two things only;

6-10 Meter Club 'Pistol' range paper munching
6-10 Meter Home garage range plinking/paper munching.

Stress nothing formal or serious mainly just a fun, accurate lightweight rifle.

I have no real need for a heavy rifle at such close range or even anything full power or detuned.

Would be used by my sons and obviously myself (read that more for myself )

Main reason is my clubs shooting range is a victim of its own success (can't grumble as it's healthy funds for the club) and getting very busy on the main range and this is now present on the 'quiet' Wednesday evenings hence for range time we are having to alternate between main range and the smaller pistol range.

I also have a pistol but it's not quite doing it for me the novelty wore off far too quickly as I do prefer rifles.

Also when the urge takes me I like to have some home garage plinking time without hassle of co2 and pcp etc.

So it's back with thinking about a little break barrel rifle again.

There's one rifle that fits the bill perfectly the HW30 now I've had a love/hate relationship with this rifle.

My last HW30K (factory open sight delete and 4x32 scope) was in .177 and 100% a Friday gun

Was bought brand new and had I not opened it up trying to work out its issues in hindsight I should of simply returned it for refund or replacement

TBT kit didn't help it and it was also coilbound, lost count how many times that I stripped it and put simply I think it just wasn't right from the start it was so inconsistent and..... ah forget it it's gone now so no let's move on

Previous to the 30K I had a 30S that TonyL now has ala 'soft cock' I think it's known as

That was a peach to shoot but also it was in .22 and the previous owner to me had done some work on it so probably not a fair comparison.

I probably already know the answer to my own question but as you can imagine having had the issues with the 30k I'm not sure if I should try another one

They occasionally come up second-hand but if buying new £195 for another K is a fair wedge for what is deemed a budget starter rifle

I've looked around and there's a couple of cheaper alternatives e.g. Browning M-Blade, Cometa etc in the smaller rifle type sector (remember I don't need full size or power as close indoor range and son use) and I've considered another HW99 but for its intended use I think the 30 would be more suitable.

The build quality and trigger worries me with other 'budget' type rifles as I'm not looking for something that I don't have much desire to own. so maybe the extra money the Weihrauch costs is wisely spent.

I just can't get that awful previously owned 30k out of my head maybe I was just unlucky, maybe I expected too much? Maybe I should of got one in .22? Maybe I should go and lie down

Or how about a poll?