View Poll Results: Should I give the HW30 Another Chance?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 71.43%
  • No

6 28.57%

Thread: Should I give the HW30 Another Chance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think the 30s is a fantastic little rifle. My pal owns three of them - all .177 - one of which he lets me use on a regular basis. All three have had some minor work, (polish and lube), to prevent possible galling - and they are really sweet to shoot. Now I appreciate it's not your thing, but I bagged a rabbit with one yesterday, as clean a kill as you could wish for. This had me wondering - albeit briefly - do I even need the 99s?

A definite +1 for the Hw30s in 177

You can shoot it all day if you're so inclined, with little in the way of fatigue.

More smiles per pound that any rifle I've ever had.

I think we have 8 now in the club used for bell target,10m and 20 yard competitions

The only downside is you spend more on pellets because you shoot more

I bought a 30 s before they became trendy years ago, no probs no galling, fitted fibre optic opens, great for bell target in my garden, RWS SHP as these make nice wadcutter mark (on paper too) but are less prone to bounce back than Hobby at these low power (about 6.5)

I also put a v Mach kit in an old 85, someone had shortened kit (bought off here as full power lol), at about 8 ideal garden gun with a lightweight 2-7x on top

I bought a new 35 that galled, and the last HWs I bought have been older s/h
    I wouldn't have a prob with a new 77 97 80 95, though if buying an underlever in 22 would probably choose an older one - not many HW probs but they sure have had some QC issues on various models / parts over last few years, spectacular style -
    I bought a Diana 31 with barrel not true in block, all credit to Diana, they admitted and replaced it. HW I've never known to admit their blunders, it was good to see they did cough up over the 110 barrels, which increased my respect for them again somewhat -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Several of our club members bought ex club HW30s which we had used for years by the members at country fairs (Teach The Public), scouts nights etc with great service and very few problems.
    Most of the members then fitted these guns with the little Williams sports peep sight (bough of a famous internet auction site ) and use them in club 'WH30 Days' with some good results and great fun. In the right hands they can give serious match rifles (FWB300) a run for their money over 10m.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=37

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk