Thread: Hw110 power issues

Hw110 power issues

I'm thinking of getting a hw110 but have been reading about quite a few of them going back to hull cartridge being underpowered,some have been reported to be doing between 9-10ftlb.has anyone else heard of this?

Yes, one of the guys I work with asked me about this last week, his brother bought one and when he tested it he was seeing 9.8ftlbs with JSB8.44, I gave him some JSB heavy to try in case it had been set at the factory with a heavy pellet, not seen him since so don't know the result.

Lot's of rifles from different manufacturers are a bit low when put over a chrono because they are being better safe than sorry.

12fpe is the MAXIMUM WITH ANY PELLET so they will set it to be a fair way under, 10.8fpe is still only 10% under that legal MAXIMUM, and they don't know what pellet is going to be used by the shooter and how efficient it will be so your pellet might be several % more efficient than their test pellet but still needs to be under 12 or they could be in big trouble for supplying an FAC power rifle.

Also let's face it unless you own a chrono, how would you know & I expect there are more people who don't than who do, and last but not least there's no prescribed minimum

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Lot's of rifles from different manufacturers are a bit low when put over a chrono because they are being better safe than sorry.

12fpe is the MAXIMUM WITH ANY PELLET so they will set it to be a fair way under, 10.8fpe is still only 10% under that legal MAXIMUM, and they don't know what pellet is going to be used by the shooter and how efficient it will be so your pellet might be several % more efficient than their test pellet but still needs to be under 12 or they could be in big trouble for supplying an FAC power rifle.

Also let's face it unless you own a chrono, how would you know & I expect there are more people who don't than who do, and last but not least there's no prescribed minimum
    I would be happy with any rifle doing 10.5ftlb with a 8.4gn pellet but not 9-10 ftlb

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a hw110 but have been reading about quite a few of them going back to hull cartridge being underpowered,some have been reported to be doing between 9-10ftlb.has anyone else heard of this?
    I'm on my 2nd HW110 both purchased 2nd hand.

The first one I had the first owner had been back to the selling RFD who then sent it back to HC as it was under power.

It was supplied to me with a chrono string printout after HC increased the power this was from the RFD that originally supplied the rifle.

My 2nd HW110 coincidentally is also supplied by the same RFD there's no print out this time but when I checked it over my clubs chrono it's putting out 11.3 so no issues there.

Plenty of manufactures have put out slightly lower power on newly released models.

I remember a few years ago when the AA S510 were first released plenty were moaning about lowish power output out of the box.

Knightrider if your thinking of buying a new HW110 simple answer is just get the RFD to put it over the chrono for you at point of sale

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I'm on my 2nd HW110 both purchased 2nd hand.

The first one I had the first owner had been back to the selling RFD who then sent it back to HC as it was under power.

It was supplied to me with a chrono string printout after HC increased the power this was from the RFD that originally supplied the rifle.

My 2nd HW110 coincidentally is also supplied by the same RFD there's no print out this time but when I checked it over my clubs chrono it's putting out 11.3 so no issues there.

Plenty of manufactures have put out slightly lower power on newly released models.

I remember a few years ago when the AA S510 were first released plenty were moaning about lowish power output out of the box.

Knightrider if your thinking of buying a new HW110 simple answer is just get the RFD to put it over the chrono for you at point of sale
    Its second hand about 4/5 months old,I asked the owner if he's had it over the chrono to which he replied No it shoots well so i haven't had a need to.