Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWB 65 short

FWB 65 short

Pretty sure this is a quite scarce 65K (short) if anyone's interested? You'll have to persuade the seller to post to UK if that's where you are, or get a friendly German to send it on to you.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6450279
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Mr. Beeman brought quite of few of those over here. If your going for rare this is what you need.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6419803

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Mr. Beeman brought quite of few of those over here. If your going for rare this is what you need.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6419803
    I see that the seller of the Tell 3 is also selling its box as a separate item. An interesting psychological ploy to maximise sales income. The keen buyer of the pistol will probably be desparate to get the box, but will have to bid against all those owners of a Tell 3 who also want a box, and who will probably be less strapped for cash and able to bid sky high.

It will be worth watching to see what the grand total is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I see that the seller of the Tell 3 is also selling its box as a separate item. An interesting psychological ploy to maximise sales income. The keen buyer of the pistol will probably be desparate to get the box, but will have to bid against all those owners of a Tell 3 who also want a box, and who will probably be less strapped for cash and able to bid sky high.

It will be worth watching to see what the grand total is.
    Interesting ploy but not sure that's the way to play it. I think you hurt the value of a mint pistol without a box. A mint pistol boxed may attraction more attention and more I must have it bids?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Interesting ploy but not sure that's the way to play it. I think you hurt the value of a mint pistol without a box. A mint pistol boxed may attraction more attention and more I must have it bids?
    You could be right, but the pistol looks so good he may be calculating it'll make a good price without the box. We'll see very soon...

If it doesn't sell at 1,800 euros, he's left hiimself time to drop the starting price and try again before the box auction ends. Chicken and egg spring to mind.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You could be right, but the pistol looks so good he may be calculating it'll make a good price without the box. We'll see very soon...

If it doesn't sell at 1,800 euros, he's left hiimself time to drop the starting price and try again before the box auction ends. Chicken and egg spring to mind.
    Sad really, if I owned something that rare it would kill me to break it up, for a couple bucks. It's a museum piece really.
    Last edited by 45flint; 01-05-2017 at 01:50 AM.

I think the short barrel is more common in the US since beeman imported mostly short barrels. Over here there are not as many.
    If you are already aiming for the exact center of everything, then the target’s size shouldn’t matter — the center of a beach ball is just as big as the center of an aspirin tablet. -Byron Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by PAXIL View Post
    I think the short barrel is more common in the US since beeman imported mostly short barrels. Over here there are not as many.
    This is right. Judging from the number of short-barrelled 65s being sold on eGun.de (very unusual), I think the ratio of long to short barrels may be as few as 100:1. But it's only an impression. Apparently the model 90 was made with a short barrel too, although I've never seen one.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=118

The examples I have have all got a 6" barrel (muzzle to block) and the '66 is sleeved.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=118

The examples I have have all got a 6" barrel (muzzle to block) and the '66 is sleeved.

That is nice. I love me some FWB's.
    If you are already aiming for the exact center of everything, then the target’s size shouldn’t matter — the center of a beach ball is just as big as the center of an aspirin tablet. -Byron Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by PAXIL View Post
    That is nice. I love me some FWB's.
    My collection.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Thanks for that Danny, wondered where the weird screwdriver I have came from.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Very nice.

How do you rate the '90? Personally I dont get on with it and find my '65 more accurate.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

You got to many there Garvin, no wonder I can't really find nice ones. No but really, you have the same thoughts as me from what I see. You can never have to many FWB's in my opinion. They are my favorite guns.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Very nice.

How do you rate the '90? Personally I dont get on with it and find my '65 more accurate.
    Ian like you I prefer the 65s and think the 90 is a bit of an oddity. The mechanical triggers were so good, I don't really see the point of an electronic trigger. I suppose FWB were just 'keeping up with the Joneses' () at the time.

I must have spent hundreds of hours plinking with a 65. Part of the fun is knowing that it was a top-end match pistol in its day.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery