Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate airwolf bottle change

Daystate airwolf bottle change

I was chatting with my dad earlier and he was thinking about possibly making few custom changes to his Daystate airwolf cdt
    Maybe shorting the shrouded barrel
    Fitting a 280cc bottle if possible
    And new custom stock made
    Has anyone made any changes like this before is it even possible
    Thanks for reading and hopefully your comments

Yes its possible but has consequences, shortening the barrel itself would lower the power so would then need to be reprogrammed, however the shroud can be shortened without a problem.

The bottle can be changed to anything with the correct thread but you will obviously have a reduced shot count.

Custom stocks are possible but designs are limited due to the electronics housed in the current stock, would be interesting to see what can be done
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Was thinking more along the lines of shroud shorting rather than barrel because accuracy is perfect
    The shot count doesn't matter will still be a huge count
    Is the bottle thread the same as a Theoben rapid 280cc bottle obviously without the valve
    Deeper stock for the electronics doesn't matter it's more the length of reach for trigger and adjustable comb and butt pad was just wondering if anyone had made similar changes

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Looks very nice indeed I wonder what a 280 bottle looks like with original stock the Theoben mk11 rapid looks fine with smaller bottle instead of a 400

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran07 View Post
    Was thinking more along the lines of shroud shorting rather than barrel because accuracy is perfect
    The shot count doesn't matter will still be a huge count
    Is the bottle thread the same as a Theoben rapid 280cc bottle obviously without the valve
    Deeper stock for the electronics doesn't matter it's more the length of reach for trigger and adjustable comb and butt pad was just wondering if anyone had made similar changes
    As far as I know they are the same thread without the valve as you say.

Pretty positive the internal threads are different on the 280 and 400 bottles.

As Harry states there's a massive diffrence in size between 280 cc bottles and the larger 400 / 500 cc you would have to have a step down adapter made not a easy task I'd imagine a very problematic are for leaks

400/500 bottle internal thread is M18x1.5
    200/280 bottle internal thread is M14x1.5

It can be done. But you would need a new flow valve that screws into the block knocking up.

Not sure Daystate would be too happy when it came in for service.

And if this adaptor from M14 to M18 is a one-off, I guess you'll be looking for design calculations and some proof testing. I would.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

If its a weight issue with the bottle rather than length i swapped my bottle for a carbon fibre 480cc
    makes a big difference in balance for the better . Daystate would not supply one so i went through Tony at talon tunes and imported from the USA

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    If its a weight issue with the bottle rather than length i swapped my bottle for a carbon fibre 480cc
    makes a big difference in balance for the better . Daystate would not supply one so i went through Tony at talon tunes and imported from the USA

Think this might be the way to go I did have thoughts that the thread was different but carbon would solve weight issues

Did not realise thread was smaller on 280cc bottles but makes sense.

The carbon bottle saves weight and increases volume over a 400cc. The bottles can be bought from Daystate but only through an RFD that is willing to fit it for you, Daystate will not sell to individuals for DIY fit. The carbon thread is not exactly the same on their bottles, If I remember correctly the thread has a different pitch for Airwolf compared to Wolverine so let them know it's for Airwolf when ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    Did not realise thread was smaller on 280cc bottles but makes sense.

The carbon bottle saves weight and increases volume over a 400cc. The bottles can be bought from Daystate but only through an RFD that is willing to fit it for you, Daystate will not sell to individuals for DIY fit. The carbon thread is not exactly the same on their bottles, If I remember correctly the thread has a different pitch for Airwolf compared to Wolverine so let them know it's for Airwolf when ordering.
    Hi there DS would not supply me a carbon bottle or fit one when it was serviced they would only fit to wolverines it was also £55 cheaper from the US and it was the correct thread hth

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Hi there DS would not supply me a carbon bottle or fit one when it was serviced they would only fit to wolverines it was also £55 cheaper from the US and it was the correct thread hth
    Hi, that may have been the case at the time but due to so many requests they are allowing them to be ordered through RFD's, I have one myself on my Airwolf and so does a friend, not sure what you managed to get one for but it was £190 fitted at my local shop Emmett and Stone in little Marlow.