Thread: Rabbits in Hampshire/Dorset??

Rabbits in Hampshire/Dorset??

Hi all - I'm trying to make up my mind whether its time to start heading out on my permissions in Hampshire/ Dorset (I'm right on the border) at night looking for rabbits - but I've seen virtually none on the (rural) roadside in the evenings yet; does anyone else shoot rabbits at night in these counties who can comment on whether they about in numbers yet this year (and at a decent enough size for the pot)?

Cheers

Luke

Ive seen very few if any on my shoot, but not been out at night yet.

Down in deepest, darkest, Devon I'm afraid but not really seeing much in the way of movement yet, one or two kicking about now but to be quite honest they seem to have been at a bit of an all time low over the last few years down this way...

I work on a golf course surrounded by agri-land so you'd have thought I'd be in with a fair shout wouldn't you !...

Perhaps the reputed population of 40 million is greatly exagerated and once the Mixi and the RHD sets in then this is the result.

A.G

Not a lot in my part of Dorset either at the moment

I've got a few running around the fields, but my numbers nose dived a few years back.
    Unfortunately on Tuesday I spotted one I think had Mixy, it just sat there as I went back & forth on the quad & only slowly moved in to the brambles as I walked up to it, but as it was facing away so I couldn't see it's eyes

I'm seeing quite a few young ones while driving in the lanes.

Its weird as I thought is was just my area but a couple of years back the bunnies seemed to vanish almost overnight.
    Normally you would see 5-6 in the fields during the day then nothing..

None appeared to have Mixy and be generally healthy the numbers just dwindled away and not all because of me .

What's going on .....

Although this is Wiltshire there's a field with about 20 rabbits next to Castle Cary station and all look healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Shot View Post
    Its weird as I thought is was just my area but a couple of years back the bunnies seemed to vanish almost overnight.
    Normally you would see 5-6 in the fields during the day then nothing..

None appeared to have Mixy and be generally healthy the numbers just dwindled away and not all because of me .

What's going on .....
    RHD, they get sick & die in the warren with little if any sign above ground, & it's quick.