Thread: PR900W pcp charging problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You may need to apply a tiny amount of "O" ring grease to the seals on the probe. On the SMK they are transparent and it appears that no seal is evident but if you slide your fingernail over it, you will feel it.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

seals

On both my probes the seals that sit in the grooves are a brownish colour Also the 2 spare,s I have bought which are in a packet are brown also ,So it is possible i need some sort of "Lube" on the seals?

seals

Hi Ginger nut From what you say About only having only the 2 seals then I am thinking it has to be the inlet valve on the rifle that allow,s air into reservoir/Cylinder? Are they easy enough.to undo?

The fill probe for the PP900w was actually designed for the pp700 pistol. The pp700 has a larger diameter cylinder so if you push the fill probe fully into the 900 cylinder one of the sealing O rings pokes out the other side. This causes a massive leak as you describe. The fill probe supplied for the 700 has two extra O rings making 4 in total. The two extra O rings stop you pushing the fill probe in too far. If your fill probe doesn't have the two extra O rings then just don't push it in all the way.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/288792.../shares/5557SQ

this shows my fill probe with all 4 O rings. If I try to fill my pp900 without all four O rings and push the probe in all the way than it will also leak badly
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

seals

Hi Bjacobs571, I have tried pushing it in so seals on probe are sitting either side of the inlet port and still get a leak either side of port is it possible the inlet valve has a problem, But 1st i have 2 spare seals I bought I will see what happens if i replace the ones ifound and was using as spacer to stop probe going to far in.