Thread: Anvil Conversions?

Anvil Conversions?

Hi there - anybody here had any dealings with this company?

A heads-up of your experiences would be appreciated - PM me if you care to do so.

TIA

tac

Yep, i have one. Had it about 18 months Tac. Its basically a Uberti with a converted cylinder to shoot approx 4 grns
    of Herco with a .457 ball as per a ROA. Mine has a 5 1/2" barrel and came complete with a powder dispenser and a
    decron extension for the loading lever. Lovely gun to shoot. Loading is easier than b/p as theres no filler or lube, i use
    the same ball as i use in my ROA,s but rolled in Alox. The dispenser dumps powder direct into the cylinder which is
    machined to allow the ball to sit on the powder but be flush with the cylinder face. Add a shot gun primer via the gate
    at the rear of the cylinder and away you go. The locking lever that holds the loading lever in place doubles as a de-capping
    pin which makes it a relatively quick process to re load. Its basically a b/p revolver without the fillers, lubes or cleaning.
    Love mine although i am not that accurate with it, me not the gun. Some of my fellow shooters do better than me
    with it which really gets up my nose but hey ho they whoop my ass anyway. Its a keeper.!! Tim

Lovely guy to deal with, usually very prompt. Lot cheaper than most out there too

Only met one, Rem 1858 with 5 1/5 barrel.
    Clean to shoot indoors.
    Accuracy is unpredictable at 10 yrds. I can shoot 3" group at 25 ith my navy Rem so it's not for me.
    Similar to nitro conversion in the Old Army,not what it was made for but some like it.
    Anvil parts are engineered Ok but the 8 BA screw holding the cap ejector sheared and the loading lever pivot is just an M4 thread screw rather than the pivot used originally.
    Powder dispenser is very good.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I'm trying to help out a pal in AB, and finding it hard to accomplish.

tac