Thread: Stoeger XP4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    A picture. Readers are going to want to see one!

https://www.airrifle.co.za/imagestor...ynthetic-1.jpg
    ...thanks for that ....it certainly looks good as it approaches the real size in that pic.
    I just wonder if all that composite will have the qualities of the HW40 even if it does look a lot better.

Well if we're not going to get a CO2-powered Luger ...

Brief, official video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1w5XlzWeGI

and yes it looks very HW40 (or Chinese clone - it is 'designed' in Italy) inside. So hopefully seals (and possibly even other parts like the internal springs) won't be a problem, we can all be sure to check the air inlet on the cylinder for burrs, and the automatic safety can be converted to manual by removing one pin, a spring and a triangular part inside.

At least it is styled differently outside (imagine just getting the HW40 clone badge-engineered), the grip certainly looks different and the sight radius a bit longer, even if the barrel isn't lengthened to match. Personally I'd clean the lines up a bit more - slide retraction grooves on the overlever, really?

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post

and yes it looks very HW40 (or Chinese clone - it is 'designed' in Italy) inside. So hopefully seals (and possibly even other parts like the internal springs) won't be a problem, we can all be sure to check the air inlet on the cylinder for burrs, and the automatic safety can be converted to manual by removing one pin, a spring and a triangular part inside.

At least it is styled differently outside (imagine just getting the HW40 clone badge-engineered), the grip certainly looks different and the sight radius a bit longer, even if the barrel isn't lengthened to match. Personally I'd clean the lines up a bit more - slide retraction grooves on the overlever, really?

Iain
    Its probably about as far as this design goes i think. I believe you have to put a few lines into such a moulding to aid stress relieving during the manufacturing process....so theyve simply doubled up with at least some semblance of a feature while adding them.

Yeah ive got sick of HW40 clones now. I mean how many can we have....theres at least 4 to my knowledge.
    So ill look at this thing when it comes available.....at least they have come up with their own mould tooling.

I think it looks nice And F/O sights are bloody great against dark targets and dark / mixed backgrounds.

How much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I think it looks nice And F/O sights are bloody great against dark targets and dark / mixed backgrounds.

How much is it?
    Theres precious little information and based on Stoegers track record we may have quite a wait until its tested and on sale.

I like the look of the grip. Nice angle, hopefully placing the trigger finger well (not sure about that, though). And none of those stupid finger grooves that I hate with a vengeance.

Is the safety double-sided? Nice if it was, as then a right hander could use the index finger to disengage it.

the safety is only on one side.

Iain
    The CO2 powered Luger has been available for some time. Nice that it's a blowback, but pity that it's bb.

Or are you saying that there is one that is designed for pellets rather than bbs? I don't think many CO2 guns are much cop in pellet form. Apart from the four or five non blowback circular magazine Umarex ones.

I hate bbs, but the Americans seem to love them.

I'll never know why.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    [B]

The CO2 powered Luger has been available for some time....
    My point was actually just a reference to the fact that Stoeger, back in the 1920s, registered the trademark of 'Luger', rather than sticking with 'Parabellum Pistol' as the manufacturer referred to it, and had the pistols they imported stamped with 'Genuine Luger'

Hence Umarex and Gletcher can sell you a P08, or a Parabellum, or a Parabellum-Pistole P.08, but not (I think) a 'Luger'.

Iain

My point was actually just a reference to the fact that Stoeger, back in the 1920s, registered the trademark of 'Luger', rather than sticking with 'Parabellum Pistol' as the manufacturer referred to it, and had the pistols they imported stamped with 'Genuine Luger'

Hence Umarex and Gletcher can sell you a P08, or a Parabellum, or a Parabellum-Pistole P.08, but not (I think) a 'Luger'.

Iain
    If possible gents might we keep this as news of the Stoeger pistol thread.....any tests that might crop up....prices etc.