Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stoeger XP4

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Also is the XP4 confirmed as being a rehashed P17? Without seeing one and comparing component parts assume this is also another guess
    It's my best guess...Trigger is the same, safety is the same, release catch is the same....
    I'll buy you a tin of pellets if I'm wrong
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    It's my best guess...Trigger is the same, safety is the same, release catch is the same....
    Haha deal

I've noticed in the vids and online info the safety on the XP4 is one of those auto jobbies comes on every time the pistol is cocked, you know I've owned so many HW40's and Beeman clones over the years but I can't remember if either of those had the auto safety feature

It's not a deal breaker but certainly not my preferred safety.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    The Beeman P17 has an auto safety
    Good deals with these members

The Beeman P17 has an auto safety
    Looks like I won't be getting my pellets after all

Countryways are now advertising them. If only the HW40 could have looked like this.

You have to hand it to the Italians for style.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 20-12-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Xp4

Just bought one for £55 from Countryway Guns. Good grip shape and semi decent trigger, which does feature an adjustment screw. Gun is a bit stiff in places on the cocking/compression stroke. Favours softer pellets, will often not fire Superdomes or Hobby. JSB Exact gave a very consistent 335fps over the Chrono. Dayglo sights work well, but think the rear might prove to be fragile. To sum up, good value for the money but a little rough in places.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Just bought one for £55 from Countryway Guns. Good grip shape and semi decent trigger, which does feature an adjustment screw. Gun is a bit stiff in places on the cocking/compression stroke. Favours softer pellets, will often not fire Superdomes or Hobby. JSB Exact gave a very consistent 335fps over the Chrono. Dayglo sights work well, but think the rear might prove to be fragile. To sum up, good value for the money but a little rough in places.
    Ive tried one...miserably low in power ...couldnt have been much more than 300 fps ...
    Its hopeless this ...weve been living with these low power ssp for donkeys years now....cant someone come up with something new...
    A 2 pump FAS or 75 ..anything ..lol

Well I finally bought one yesterday and have put a little early review up for anyone curious

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....With-Potential

Good review, I just happened to be looking into this as a possible bit of bargain fun.
    How does it compare to my old Browning Buckmark on the addiction scale?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Me too.

But it is "infused with our lineage of firearms expertise". (Who writes this nonsense?)

To be fair to them, all the top-cover charged SSPs are variations on the same theme: FAS, Nemesis, HW40/P17, Gamo PR14/45, AF10, Compact, HW75, etc. So I wouldn't call it a rip-off. And it looks nicer than the over-styled HW40.
    I see they have changed the advert blurb. It is no longer "infused". It is now "the culmination of our line game of firearms expertise". Which is a funny way of saying "this is a cheap air pistol made in China".

Kidding aside, it looks nice and is probably a good gun. Solware have some interesting offers on them - including that you can get one for £30 is you buy another gun of some type at the same time.

Thumbs up

I've got one now, find the trigger has a smooth & predictable trigger, better than other clones,& has great styling only negative the usual auto safety. ...mike...

Hello all from Paris, France.
    I've had this Stoeger xp4 from quite a while now.
    the piston is NOT the same as HW 40 and Beeman P17.

It is precise, it shoots straight, same sights.
    BUT definitely a lack of power.
    bullets do not obliterate the paper target correctly...
    To get correct round holes in the target you need to:
    1) get more power from the piston : add a 2 mm metal round (why not a coin) and glue it wih epoxy 2 composants glue to the top of the piston.
    2) you have to rework the barrel entry, so that all pellets would fire
    3) you have to re-shroud the end of the barrel

in a few words :
    better exterior design (Italian maybe)
    low quality control on the barell finish
    low power piston that needs 2 mm extra to work decently.
    same truglo style sights (exactly)
    it is around €100 in France, but if you add the time you have to spend on it to make it work well, maybe it's not worse to buy...

HW40 is €140 in France, it is ugly but works well out of the box, without rework...
    I hope you'll pardon my poor English.
    greetings from Montmartre, Paris.

Your English is very good.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Bonne année à tous les bretons !

If your trigger stays backward and does not come back after shooting, you have to add a small metal rim on the right of the trigger on the trigger axle. Please put the smooth side of the rim against the trigger.
    your trigger will be smooth All the time.
    in fact, the trigger is a little too narrow for the gap. With this rim (4mm If I remember but please check) the gap is filled and the trigger doesn't move lateraly anymore.
    this play is very small (like one millimètre) but is enough to make it "de-rail" from its course, and then it stays back....
    With the coin mod (1 euro coin) on the piston top and this small trigger mod, the Stoeger XP4 becomes a fine shooter.
    It accepts Walther PZ 2X20 pistol scope (11mm dovetail) , which adds just enough weight to it ... (total becomes like 915 grammes).

Merci
    Happy new year all !
    Drulov/Lovna/Terčová/Brno Lov 21 4.5/CP1 4.5-CP1-M 4.5-CP2 4.5/Crosman 2250 XL-2300T-1377/Stoeger XP4 sales: CP1-M .22 - Dan Wesson 2.5"pellet -Mini Uzi replica BB (full auto)-Taurus P92 replica BB "full auto" (Beretta 92 brésilien)- Gamo PT85.