Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoeger XP4

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I think it looks nice And F/O sights are bloody great against dark targets and dark / mixed backgrounds.

How much is it?
    Theres precious little information and based on Stoegers track record we may have quite a wait until its tested and on sale.

I like the look of the grip. Nice angle, hopefully placing the trigger finger well (not sure about that, though). And none of those stupid finger grooves that I hate with a vengeance.

Is the safety double-sided? Nice if it was, as then a right hander could use the index finger to disengage it.

the safety is only on one side.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Looks like the Chinese made Beeman P17 , but with a nicer shaped frame.

Since it's almost certainly made in China, my guess is that that is probably what it is - a new airgun product that isn't essentially new at all.

How much is actually new these days?
    The release catch certainly looks Beemanish.

I might be tempted by this.

It looks rather nice.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    Well if we're not going to get a CO2-powered Luger ...

Brief, official video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1w5XlzWeGI

and yes it looks very HW40 (or Chinese clone - it is 'designed' in Italy) inside. So hopefully seals (and possibly even other parts like the internal springs) won't be a problem, we can all be sure to check the air inlet on the cylinder for burrs, and the automatic safety can be converted to manual by removing one pin, a spring and a triangular part inside.

At least it is styled differently outside (imagine just getting the HW40 clone badge-engineered), the grip certainly looks different and the sight radius a bit longer, even if the barrel isn't lengthened to match. Personally I'd clean the lines up a bit more - slide retraction grooves on the overlever, really?

Iain
    The CO2 powered Luger has been available for some time. Nice that it's a blowback, but pity that it's bb.

Or are you saying that there is one that is designed for pellets rather than bbs? I don't think many CO2 guns are much cop in pellet form. Apart from the four or five non blowback circular magazine Umarex ones.

I hate bbs, but the Americans seem to love them.

I'll never know why.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    [B]

The CO2 powered Luger has been available for some time....
    My point was actually just a reference to the fact that Stoeger, back in the 1920s, registered the trademark of 'Luger', rather than sticking with 'Parabellum Pistol' as the manufacturer referred to it, and had the pistols they imported stamped with 'Genuine Luger'

Hence Umarex and Gletcher can sell you a P08, or a Parabellum, or a Parabellum-Pistole P.08, but not (I think) a 'Luger'.

Iain

My point was actually just a reference to the fact that Stoeger, back in the 1920s, registered the trademark of 'Luger', rather than sticking with 'Parabellum Pistol' as the manufacturer referred to it, and had the pistols they imported stamped with 'Genuine Luger'

Hence Umarex and Gletcher can sell you a P08, or a Parabellum, or a Parabellum-Pistole P.08, but not (I think) a 'Luger'.

Iain
    If possible gents might we keep this as news of the Stoeger pistol thread.....any tests that might crop up....prices etc.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Anyone seen this new Stoeger air pistol.
    Looks like a HW40/P17 rip off.
    I might have been interested if they hadnt gone for those damn fibre optic sights.
    Hate the things.....wreck accuracy and look crap.
    Hmmm I really like the looks compared to the 40 & clones

Scoured around for more info.

Stoegers website is pretty good and more details on the pistol here:

http://intl.stoegerairguns.com/media...%20-%20XP4.pdf

Upper and lower rails have potential but I wouldn't use either.

I'm itching to find a price on it though as I've got one eye on getting either the HW40 again

Or it's over half RRP price Chinese cousin Mr P17

Now if the stoeger falls inbetween those two prices, I think it's serious consideration time

My feeling is more than likely it will be priced closer to the HW40 though

Shall have to see if any of my local dealers no more pricing info.

I'm liking the looks of this in black.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm liking the looks of this in black.
    Yes I prefer the Black IMO looks nicer than that military green.

I've sent various gunshops emails asking if they are stocking and estimated RRP will update the thread should I receive any updates

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I've sent various gunshops emails asking if they are stocking and estimated RRP will update the thread should I receive any updates
    Ok had some shall I say interesting replies to my emails

Won't mention any gunshop names but some replies:

Biggish importer down south says no news yet on the RRP but will have the item live on the website in the future

Dutch gunshop who I have had numerous air rifles from says it wil almost certainly be against the law over there because it looks too much like a real gun they must have different laws in Holland

Biggish midlands gunshop says they have not stocked the stoeger XP4 as the beeman & HW40 are best for the money

That one has confused me and I have sent a reply saying without the RRP of the stoeger how can it be compared?

Still waiting for a few more gunshops to reply to emails and will update in due course

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I can't get that excited about a rebadged P17 TBH.
    And I strongly suspect it will be a P17 in another outer shell, and not a HW40....
    If this is the case then the gunshop is quite right in stating that the P17 is better value for money (I thought an RRP had already been put forward, that was between the P17 and HW40?).

Replicas of any kind are verboten in Holland btw.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I can't get that excited about a rebadged P17 TBH.
    And I strongly suspect it will be a P17 in another outer shell, and not a HW40....
    If this is the case then the gunshop is quite right in stating that the P17 is better value for money (I thought an RRP had already been put forward, that was between the P17 and HW40?).

Replicas of any kind are verboten in Holland btw.
    Understand what your saying but without a confirmed RRP on the Stoeger (AFAIK there isn't one yet) it sounds like guess work to me on how it compares

Also is the XP4 confirmed as being a rehashed P17? Without seeing one and comparing component parts assume this is also another guess unless the gunshops know more info and have tried/used/compared one? Doubt it though AFAIK there's none available yet.

Thanks for the heads up about replicas in holland wasn't aware of that

Just received another reply from another Midlands gunshop:

Hi I have just spoken with GMK and they advise that this air pistol should hopefully be available in the UK by September, at present they are unable to advise on the probable price.