Thread: Airgun over barrel silencer for .177 Domin8tor– i.e. Reflex type

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airgun over barrel silencer for .177 Domin8tor– i.e. Reflex type

I have a .177 Logun Domin8tor rifle that I use for some types of hunting, which has a normal UNC thread on it. I have a nice BAR carbon fibre silencer on it, which works great, but the whole rifle is a bit too long for some hunting situations.

I would like to get a light silencer that fits back over the barrel, like the reflex ones do on centre fire rifles. Does anyone know if you can get one & if so roughly what they would cost? It would ideally go back along the barrel by about 3 inches & stop just before the reservoir. I have tried a Webley Pro-System type that I have but they are not the worlds best silencers. If not are the shrouds that go over the .22 version any good? I have not heard a good word said about the shrouds you can get for other guns; i.e they are noisy & not very good. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Velocette Guest
    E-mail me and I'll give you the contact details for the "forbidden silencer" Sounds to be just what you need.

Reflex Silencers

Did you ever get any details of reflex silencers for an Airgun, just what I need to keep my FAC rapid a reasonable length.

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by neumo View Post
    I have a .177 Logun Domin8tor rifle that I use for some types of hunting, which has a normal UNC thread on it. I have a nice BAR carbon fibre silencer on it, which works great, but the whole rifle is a bit too long for some hunting situations.

I would like to get a light silencer that fits back over the barrel, like the reflex ones do on centre fire rifles. Does anyone know if you can get one & if so roughly what they would cost? It would ideally go back along the barrel by about 3 inches & stop just before the reservoir. I have tried a Webley Pro-System type that I have but they are not the worlds best silencers. If not are the shrouds that go over the .22 version any good? I have not heard a good word said about the shrouds you can get for other guns; i.e they are noisy & not very good. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Seen the date getting on for 7 years.

Yes it has been done two decades ago.

Yeah, I DID notice the date thanks.

So did you ever get any details of where I might get one?

Thanks

Dave