Thread: Nikko Stirling Panamax 3-9x40 AO/IR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    ya got same rifles as me hw99s mine 1.77 with hawke 3-9x50 with sportmatch 1 piece mount and hw95k ive just ordered this today comes friday.i did have a hw97k which i loved but to heavy sold it this morning.the 99s is bit twangy but the recoil aint so bad,i swear by 1 piece mount with springers that said hw97k didnt really need 1 piece mount.lovely rifle that ill regret selling that but its mustard lugging that about.so whats the hw95k like ???.
    I love it, I'm not the most physical of shooters so my combinations need to be manageable. I had a wander round my shoot with it the other day before I swapped scopes and it was a breeze, minimum recoil as far as other guns I have had and shoots straighter than me! I think I paid a bit more than I should but it came from a local guy who I try to support when I can.

A very interesting write up. I too am a fan of both Nikko and Hawke scopes and so very impressed with their punch above their weight performance. It's funny thing scopes, I remember when it was said that Tasco and Kassnar were cheap Jap crap; now all of the collectors are clamouring for them, knowing in actual fact it were bloody good glass all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    A very interesting write up. I too am a fan of both Nikko and Hawke scopes and so very impressed with their punch above their weight performance. It's funny thing scopes, I remember when it was said that Tasco and Kassnar were cheap Jap crap; now all of the collectors are clamouring for them, knowing in actual fact it were bloody good glass all things considered.
    I'm close to getting another one but with slightly larger magnification just for .22 lr benchrest, every place I talk to seems to be steering me towards them for larger mag/target work.

With you on the Tasco, my only scope in the 80's was a 4x40 wide angle, it even had a sight picture that looked like a widescreen tv but it served me well on several rifles.

ive bought a nikko sterling 3-9x50 AO comes tomorrow,according to the lads on here its a bit of a heap ill just set dials to suit my eyes,zero scope in then just leave the dials alone.if it cant keep zero ill send it back.

Nikko Panamax

I viewed one of these the other week in BAR and was that impressed with the 3-9 x 40 that myself and my friend brought one each. I don't buy new scopes but I brought one of these and now sits on my VMACH 97. Mach 1.5

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've been lucky enough to pick up a non IR model secondhand and have to say it's a very nice scope, the zoom and PA rings are smooth to turn with no grittiness, the lenses seem pretty good and looking at the same aim point in my garden with some of my other scopes of varying quality the sight picture is very bright and crisp, I've not compared it yet up against my older Bushnell Legend which for me is the benchmark scope that all the other scopes I buy have to compare to (unless I know that a particular scope is of better quality but I don't feel the need to pay daft money to buy top end scopes for an air rifle), just to contradict myself I've also just bought a secondhand Weaver (not sure what model) for a good price and that should be landing soon, so when it does I'll compare that as well, in fact I may do a review of a few better quality scopes up against each other.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in