Thread: Case dryer

Case dryer

Having started to SS tumble drying the cases was a bit of a pain as my wife wont let me use her new baking trays and the old ones dont fit in the new oven!have seen this case dryer advertised at henry kranks

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...oducts_id=8863

thought it was bit step, after having a look around figured out it looks very much like a food dehydrator so going to give this a go

http://www./itm/5-Level-Food-Fruit-D...sAAOSwLN5WimMi

and see what the results are.

Only time will tell.

chap on another forum uses a food dehydrator to dry his cases after tumbling

cool, does he say what his results have been?

Case drier

I use one. From memory I paid about 30 quid for it off the bay.It does a really good job. Only thing you need to do is 'towel off' the cases after cleaning. Otherwise you get watermarks on the brass. It doesn't harm them, but they look a bit naff. They don't have to absolutely dry, just remove the big drops.
    Takes about a hour and a half to do a couple of hundred cases.

Quote Originally Posted by taz2 View Post
    I use one. From memory I paid about 30 quid for it off the bay.It does a really good job. Only thing you need to do is 'towel off' the cases after cleaning. Otherwise you get watermarks on the brass. It doesn't harm them, but they look a bit naff. They don't have to absolutely dry, just remove the big drops.
    Takes about a hour and a half to do a couple of hundred cases.
    I use one also, a 5 tier food dehydrator. less than £20 off amazon. If you dont want watermarks, a quick slosh in a bucket of warm water with a dash of Rinse Aid (dishwasher stuff) after the wet pin tumble will do the trick.

thanks for the heads up, should hopefully be arriving tomorrow, and look to give it a blast at the weekend and will report back

Why don't you just get your own baking tray...?

I always use the oven, got myself a pizza tray (has holes in the bottom) and just chuck em in after any cooking, so as the oven is cooling down.....
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

That could work but I just think she does not want me anywhere near the new cooker!well not without cooking something and I am not much good at that so hopefully this is the safer option

look down, if you see two bally things in a sac then tell you wife tuff titties and use the oven.that level of training should have been sorted before you got married or at worst week 1 orientation.