Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana model 35

Diana model 35

I have just bought an early Gecado 35 missing the original rear sight. Made in Germany 1971, no safety, lovely..
    These had the longer full steel item.
    Does anyone have one spare for the cause? If you can assist please send PM or email.

The sight has been sorted locally
    Thank you for your interest and offers of help, it is much appreciated.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 10-05-2017 at 08:44 AM.

A bit more

The gun has a bit of wear and tear but nothing to complain about. A bit of light speckling on the metal, a few marks on the stock and lint like dust in areas like the trigger and cavity that suggests it may have been languishing in a bedroom storage for some time.
    Sling swivels had been attached at either end of the stock, the fore end one just forward of the fore end fastenings, not good but it is what it is.
    On Friday last, we drove down to the Waikato to check it out. A brilliant Autumn day for a drive, one out of the box.
    I caught up with the Gecado again on Sunday.
    The cylinder and rifling is pristine after a mop through and the trigger shows naff all wear. It has had bugger all use IMO.
    The leather piston seal is still healthy usable but restrictive when moved through its stroke so it has been machined to give a 3 degree taper.
    The spring is within my tolerance for straight with all coils being even and it is reasonably healthy at 85kg.
    The metal has come up well with a wire wheel dressing as has the stock with a clean and mop. A beeswax finish sets it off nice.
    Just behind the pistol grip, someone has epoxied in a steel pin. God knows why, maybe some sort of bench rest doo dah?.
    After assembly it started out at 800 fps and has now settled at 650. I imagine that it is capable of a bit more although I think this will be it for a while.
    Accurate? With a borrowed sight, hells teeth it is and very accommodating of various pellets too.
    This is a nice gun and J is a talent.
    I will put up some images when I return at the end of the week.

There is currently a gap in my Diana collection as I have no model 35. I think any decent Diana collection should have examples of the model 35 and 45 in them as these were classics back in the day.
    It sounds like you are quite taken.with yours.
    Would be good to see some photos when you get chance mate.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    There is currently a gap in my Diana collection as I have no model 35. I think any decent Diana collection should have examples of the model 35 and 45 in them as these were classics back in the day.
    It sounds like you are quite taken.with yours.
    Would be good to see some photos when you get chance mate.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Yes, pics would be good.

My little Diana collection has two 35s, a lovely 1960s one with great finish, long metal rear rear sight and cracking wood; and a 70s one with none of the above.

Oddly, the cheapened 70s one shoots as well if not better than the older one.

Dave and Geezer

When I was told about it I had hopes that it would be the earlier version, but it wasn't.
    And as I could see no good reason to walk away from it, I didn't
    The only images I have of it prior to the clean and build are those that were sent to me by the seller. They are not much cop but I will include them with the fresh ones I will take later this week.
    Geezer, you mentioned "the cheapened 70s one". is that referring to the 'orrible' pressed checkering exercise and the 'blocky' look of the stock? The stock is almost as attractive as my G79
    To my eyes the modern stock is less aesthetically pleasing compared to the earlier versions, despite that I am very happy with it.

Hi Ken,

PM sent regarding the rear sight.

Cheers,
    Dave
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    PM sent regarding the rear sight. Cheers, Dave
    Me too.
    Dave, can you email some clean macro shots ? Cheers.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 09-05-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Me too.
    Dave, can you email a clean macro shot of the crack? Cheers.
    Hi ya,

Yes mate, give me ten minutes....
    blah blah

Hi ya,

Yes mate, give me ten minutes....
    All done

For the casual observer who may be reading...slow_runner asked for and so now has, a picture of my crack, and it's an awful sight too...that'll teach him, eh?
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 09-05-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    blah blah

Thumbs up

I have a rather nice Original mod35 that I bought off a forum a few years ago (Can't remember which though!), Think I paid £70 for it, Don't have any close up pics of the rearsight unfortunately

Left side

Right side

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have a rather nice Original mod35 that I bought off a forum a few years ago (Can't remember which though!), Think I paid £70 for it, Don't have any close up pics of the rearsight unfortunately John
    That is rather more than nice John, as are the rest of your air rifles.

All done
    For the casual observer who may be reading...slow_runner asked for and so now has, a picture of my crack, and it's an awful sight too...that'll teach him, eh?
    Daves' crack is only small, but well defined. A nice shot that is clearly seen and there's not a hair in sight.
    Well done Dave

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Daves' crack is only small, but well defined. A nice shot that is clearly seen and there's not a hair in sight.
    Well done Dave
    Thank you, sir.

It may be a sight for sore eyes but I do have a rear of the year!
    blah blah

Thank you, sir.
    It may be a sight for sore eyes but I do have a rear of the year!
    Self confidence like that will take you a long way

I have only just received an email from my contact here and he has come through for me with a sight for the 35. This one only requires a 20km drive and no international money hooha.
    Thanks for your good humour and the kindly offer of the sight Dave.
    As the policeman said "carry on"

All done

This forum sinks to some low places at times but I think this is as low as a rattlesnake with a back pack.
    Come on chaps! Lets not go there eh
    Dave