Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
Your 35 has cleaned up nicely. The 35 is a cracking rifle, nicer than the "other" 35. Perfect weight and size on my opinion and with a very sweet firing cycle. Mine is a 70s example also and I like to use it with open sights. Glad to see you found a set.
No idea what the pin is for. Thought it may have been slotted for a chain attaching the rifle to a shooting gallery but I'm not convinced.

Interestingly, I have a Gecado 45. Surprised to find it lurking in Scotland rather than the Southern Hemisphere. It's a bit rough but is extremely accurate.
Yes it has come up quite presentable and more importantly, it is so accurate and sweet to use.
I have one peg sight insert for it and am looking for others without much luck.
Failing that I will have to glue in a shoulder ring and make acrylic inserts to suit.

That pin is a confusing addition(?) and has me wondering 'why and what for?'
My powers of observation are clearly slipping cos I hadn't spotted it until you pointed it out!!
I'm really not sure what's going on with that pin?? I can't for the life of me seeing it being used in.conjunction with some sort of shooting rest or support as it is way too rearward and wouldn't assist balance at all well?
I can't see it being used in some manner to store the gun either?
Beats me mate Dave
Me too Dave. I tried balancing it from the pin myself- no, as you observed that wasn't going to work. Besides the trigger guard would function better.

I will leave it for the while and maybe some possible suggestions from readers of this thread may clarify why it was fitted. If nothing sensible is forthcoming in the near future, I will remove it because, frankly, it is a pain in the proverbial.
It is epoxied in. I understand that heat can soften the epoxy bond and if that is correct then the soldering iron may provide a solution.
I have one with screw on fittings that will suit.

Drew, that was fortunate to find a Gecado 45 in the Northern most.
A very nice air rifle.
It must have arrived before the world went madder in 2001.