I've had a couple of Cometa's before and could never understand why people knock them on accuracy -
The old 300 was pellet fussy, but once the discovery of a match with Bisley LRG, shot like a laser .......
So the 400 -
Bit stiff from new, Cometa do the barrel bolt up either by machine or by the hand of a giant body builder type !
I knew this would be worth a tune up, so got some prices from a few places. I'd already purchased a Custom Seal from Oz, which arrived a few days later for around £10, and a smallish Cometa sized replacement spring from Air Rifle Headquarters. I had a few enthusiastic quotes given I had the main parts of £100, so went with Dave Mercer a well known firearms repairer and air gunner from my home county in Lancashire. £45 plus post sounded more like it for a strip, spring chop, guides and polish if / where required !

Took said rifle to Iden Ferns at the weekend, and off bench at 30 yards thumbnailed with FTT, Crosman Ultra Mag, and Superdome. (22)
The bloke sitting next to me commented that a lot of blokes would be over the moon shooting their TX's or 97s that well. We then both marvelled at the compact dimensions (carbine moderated), quietness and smoothness. The piston appears not to be overly heavy, so a really quick lock time, it reminded me a bit of a spring version of the original theoben Fenman in many ways in shot cycle. A really light hold letting the rifle do it's thing was optimum.
The trigger while not a Rekord, CD or TO-6 is very reasonable to good, proper 2 stage adjustable.

I've read several comments saying these rifles are no good for uk, in accurate, and other such nonsense.

I paid £180 for mine complete with 4 x scope and mounts from Livens gunshop in Burton on Trent, they are also easily available from any local shops through distributors that all shops have accounts with, or from various non uk shops mail order (while you still can in the EEU)

I rate these as probably the best sub £200 rifle now, much as I did several years ago when Diana 31's were retailing at this price point before the prices jumped up.

If you hear of people knocking Cometa, ask them - have you actually owned one ???
The 400 is the most refined with the next model down the 300 having a non adjustable trigger/ The 400 appears to be available in a range of barrel options and stocks, at least two suppliers do dedicated springs for them (Titan- probably needing a cut down to match calibre, Air Rifle Headquarters) and with custom seals doing a Venom/V Mach type of seal and all spares easily available from Chambers, what's not to like - ??