Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
I'm glad it isn't just me then but it's disappointing how fractured the shooting community seems to be.

Surely the sensible thing would be for the entire shooting community in the UK to stick together and support each other.

If we are all only interested in protecting our own disciplines and belittling the others it makes it easier for Government to continue to pick away at the sport?
That's exactly what happens. It's very sad.

All I can suggest is, call it out when you see it and don't be part of the problem by doing it yourself.

There was a very interesting article in one of the (centrefire) shooting mags recently - if you count shooters as one unit i.e airgunners, shotgunners, rifleshooters, we outnumber golfers by a considerable margin. The perception seems to be that it's a rare and exotic pastime. We may be niche, but we aren't that niche.
But golfers wouldn't tolerate the shit we do. Golfers wouldn't let themselves be marginalised. Golfers aren't afraid to tell people about their hobby at dinner parties.

The community as a whole needs to buck its ideas up, or it will deserve everything it gets.