Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Other Shooters Look Down At Airgun Owners???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

As in all sports shooting has a cross section of society, so you will always get some "Plonkers" I've shot all kind of rifles/pistols some twerp will always whinge what ever type you are shooting. I like to shut them up by out shooting them with my "inferior" kit. ...mike...

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Thanks guys

I'll be completely honest with you, the situation did shake my confidence slightly and I was starting to think "maybe I don't know what I'm doing?" and there's no doubt he made me feel stupid but after reading your posts it has made me even more determined to continue to learn, improve and enjoy the sport I love.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Thanks guys

I'll be completely honest with you, the situation did shake my confidence slightly and I was starting to think "maybe I don't know what I'm doing?" and there's no doubt he made me feel stupid but after reading your posts it has made me even more determined to continue to learn, improve and enjoy the sport I love.
    Just wanted to ask, he wasn't telling you to stop looking down the barrel to make sure it's chambered properly was he?!
    If not then your probably right
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Just wanted to ask, he wasn't telling you to stop looking down the barrel to make sure it's chambered properly was he?!
    If not then your probably right
    Now that's funny
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Its the same , with anything "Mines Bigger / Newer / more expensive / rarer / than your's syndrome .
    So you must be inferior to me !
    Same with jobs , cars , motorbikes , Bows, Camera's etc etc.

Just remember , you are an Airgunner , be proud, and walk tall.
    Peace through superior fire power!

At the local gun club there's an us and them attitude between the airgun section and firearms they are always having a snipe someone left the nock down targets out the next time we went all the targets had been shot up with rimfire at 30yards full of holes and bent up had to get the mig out and reweld all the knock down faces and replace the bell's always getting moaned at about holes in the woodwork When you look They are all too big for an airgun

Chris, take no notice, there's always one - the guy sounds like a dick. I've shot rifles and pistols - both rim and centrefire - scatterguns too, but my first and last love will always be airguns. I've never felt the urge look up or down at any other shooting discipline. Stick to your guns, he's the plonker, not you...

Snobbery

There will always be snobbery in any sport, hobby or pass-time. I have always enjoyed shooting anything, even paperclips with an elastic band, but as far as air rifles/pistols go I will always take pride in them. Spring, PCP, MSP, SSP and even CO2 it doesn't matter, they all do the job they are designed for if used properly.
    I'll challenge that bloke who thinks only a Barrett is a "proper rifle" to come and shoot pigeons in warehouses with me sometime, rats in a barn, or rabbits on a golf course. Just imagine the green keepers reaction to the divots some idiot with a .50 cal will make!
    Now I wouldn't take an air rifle deer shooting (unless it was a very serious large calibre one such as our U.S. friends use), I know that you use the proper tool for the job and I don't sneer at people who only shoot tin cans or paper targets. I don't shoot "BB" guns but I don't knock the people who do.
    Now will you please post a copy of the "advice" e-mail he sent? Obviously remove names and places but leave in all the comical parts?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have shot full-bore rifle in NRA matches, alot more .22 rimfire in NSRA matches, a little bit of 12 bore shotgun at clays, some .22 rimfire pistol and a little bit of full-bore pistol.

Shooting air-rifle, e.g. HFT is easily the most fun. The others, and match air rifle and pistol, all have their nuances and challenges, but for actual enjoyment outdoor air-rifle is King.

And its cheap so you can do lots of it. So let people look down on it, more fool them.

Imagine being an enthusiast who needs to get his kicks shooting a .50 calibre BMG rifle? Only two or three ranges in the UK to shoot on and at £3.50 a bang you better get zero'd using a bore-sighter. And what for? You'd have 85% of the fun with a .25 HW80!

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Thanks guys

You could do worse than join Tayside Airgun Club.

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Even the guys who go deer stalking argue about Calibre and bullets...
    If you haven't got a level 2 qualification - you don't know what you're doing!
    Think every part of shooting sports is fractured!

Just shoot whatever gun you enjoy

Daz

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Would you mind posting his tips so we can take the piss out them please Chris?
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

I know a few people who think if it goes bang that makes them superior types

If you point out the lower the energy the harder it is to shoot they come back with "yeah but if you tried firing a real rifle"

They tend to shut up when I point out I'm ex military competition shooter who has fired a wide variety of weapons from 9mm Hi Power pistols to SLR, SA80, GPMG, Envoys and Rem 700's to Carl Gustav 84mm and 105mm L118 Light gun!

Air rifles are no different to Centerfire or rimfire, the ranges and target sizes are just scaled down, principles are the same!

Yep, we're nothing more than babies taking our first tentative steps as far as they're concerned, as has been said already a 'few' are ok and I know one or two that actually rely on airguns as part of their arsenal but for the most they view us as something to be amused at !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
    Would you mind posting his tips so we can take the piss out them please Chris?
    Blunt, but rather good at the same time