Thread: Webley Premier trigger pull very heavy

Webley Premier trigger pull very heavy

I have a late .22 Webley Premier, steel frame (large E stamped) epoxy coated not blued.

The trigger pull is very heavy, much heavier than the (none adjustable) trigger on my 60's Senior.

Tried adjusting, but would not hold, so wound the adjusting screw back out 1/2 a turn.

so... my question do all late Premiers have a heavy trigger pull?

Discocom

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post
    I have a late .22 Webley Premier, steel frame (large E stamped) epoxy coated not blued.

The trigger pull is very heavy, much heavier than the (none adjustable) trigger on my 60's Senior.

Tried adjusting, but would not hold, so wound the adjusting screw back out 1/2 a turn.

so... my question do all late Premiers have a heavy trigger pull?

Discocom
    Wind the screw out to the point where it wont cock and hold and then wind it in 1/4 of a turn and try it. (Make sure you undo the lock screw before trying to move the adjuster screw). There is little range of adjustment on Premiers to my thinking---but that is true of a lot of guns. I take it the gun is lubed ok? What you can do is cut a couple of coils of the mainspring. You do not lose much power but there is less tension on hte piston and the trigger.
    Last edited by ggggr; 10-05-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Thanks will try this out. I've also got a 1960's Senior and that has a much better and smother trigger pull.