Thread: My Memory isn't what it wasnt!

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland

My Memory isn't what it wasnt!

Sadly it isn't!
    My first ever air rifle was an old .177 'Gem' rifle I did a 'swap' for when I was around 8 - it didn't fire as parts were missing - but one day, my Dad fixed it for me and it fired once more - had it for many years - I wish I still have it!

My second 'proper' rifle was (from memory) a Diana SP34 rifle in .22 cal (break barrel) - it was like new and got polished a lot! I have tried to research this rifle but haven't come up trumps - so I may have remembered the model/type incorrectly?, it would have been around very early 70s vintage - I don't really remember much about it other than it had a 'blonde' colour stock and had a raised cheek piece stock. It got sold on!
    I then bought my first Airsporter - a well secondhand Mk4 - which I still have (my plinker) and never looked back, it was Airsporters all the way after that!

Anyone got any links or info relating to a 60/70s Diana SP34? (It was Diana as opposed to 'Original' the sister brand! )

atb
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I think you may mean Diana (Milbro) G34. It was my first air rifle and many years later I saw one stuck in the corner of Jeans Military memories (?) so it had to come home with me. There was an article recently in one of the airgun magz about its slightly bigger sister the G36.

HTH
    Ian

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=28
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I think you may mean Diana (Milbro) G34. It was my first air rifle and many years later I saw one stuck in the corner of Jeans Military memories (?) so it had to come home with me. There was an article recently in one of the airgun magz about its slightly bigger sister the G36.

HTH
    Ian

Might be that Ian - to be honest, my memory isn't that good about it - I know I have a single photo of me standing holding it - I might have to see if I can find that now - I remember it having a very light colour beech stock - little more than that really but it was nice quality and a good shooter - if it was Diana (Milbro) - would that make it a 'British' made rifle then as I always believed it was 'German' made?

Thank's for your help mate!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

HTH
    Ian

Hi Just found this in the BBS archives - http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-diana-g34-***
    Pretty sure that my rifle didn't look like that and I am fairly sure it didn't have 'Made in Britain' on it, nor the safety catch although mine looks to have been a later model perhaps?

ASM