Thread: Reading the cards

BigEars Guest

Reading the cards

No not Tarot but it sometimes looks that way. I wanted to ask if it were possible to diagnose errors in technique from looking at a set of score cards? My current problem is that there is frequently a difference of more than 10/100 between my best and worst card is a series of 6x10 shots.

Thanks for any help or a pointer on where to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    No not Tarot but it sometimes looks that way. I wanted to ask if it were possible to diagnose errors in technique from looking at a set of score cards? My current problem is that there is frequently a difference of more than 10/100 between my best and worst card is a series of 6x10 shots.

Thanks for any help or a pointer on where to find out.
    Maybe, but what's the discipline. Shots low and to the right in Prone are often caused by dragging the trigger sideways.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    Maybe, but what's the discipline. Shots low and to the right in Prone are often caused by dragging the trigger sideways.
    Sorry 10m pistol.

Google Pistol Charts and you will find some useful diagrams showing the reasons shots go astray.

Might help if you have a pattern for the shots that are losing you the points e.g. Shots at 8 o'clock can mean you are tightening your fingers when 'pulling' the trigger.

All the best
    Mark

Just type in, correcting pistol shooting errors charts. Plenty of info to digest.

Shots going left and low are generally the result of what the Americans call milking.

Keeping your pinky out of the way helps to resolve this.

The only fingers that need to apply pressure to the grip are the two middle fingers.

Strictly speaking only one - the one below the trigger finger.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

BigEars Guest
    Thanks gents I'll give those a look. I think I know which shots are off when the trigger coincides with a wandering aim point. It's the others that are bugging me.

Thanks Arthur. My hold is such that if I wanted to I could lift ring and pinky with ease.