Thread: Genuine Eley Wasp valuation

Genuine Eley Wasp valuation

Ok guys what is the going rate for full tins of genuine Eley Wasp 5.56mm pellets circa 1999?

Any help appreciated

ATB

Craiga Boy

You can still buy these from most gun shops,my local retails them for around £7,50. Certainly not worth any more just because they are 1999.
    Not rare at all.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You can still buy these from most gun shops,my local retails them for around £7,50. Certainly not worth any more just because they are 1999.
    Not rare at all.
    I think your getting mixed up between Bisley and Eley Wasp. They come in very similar tins but I wouldn't put the former through my vacuum cleaner. Cr@p. Now, genuine Eley Wasp - Ive seen full tins on that there web site go for £15+

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=92
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Original Eley Wasps stopped being made approx 10 years back. Since then similar looking pellets in similar looking tins have been made by a different company (Bisley I believe), and are marketed as simply 'Wasps'.

Because any tins still badged Eley harp back to a by-gone era (1960s, 1970s and 1980s), there is a level of demand for tins such as yours among collectors, but in essence, imo, they have no greater value than the new tins as mentioned by flogger above? Hope this (sort of) helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga Boy View Post
    Ok guys what is the going rate for full tins of genuine Eley Wasp 5.56mm pellets circa 1999?

Any help appreciated

ATB

Craiga Boy
    I think you'll find they're 5.6mm, Craig.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    defiant vintage 5.6 are around £18, so £15 sounds about right for a near enough full tin if they are in decent condition.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

defiant vintage 5.6 are around £18, so £15 sounds about right for a near enough full tin if they are in decent condition.
    Wow. That's twice the ticket that I thought they'd be ... Guess that's post Brexit inflation for ya (lol ). Am happy to stand corrected, however, as 'every day is a school day'.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Wow. That's twice the ticket that I thought they'd be ... Guess that's post Brexit inflation for ya (lol ). Am happy to stand corrected, however, as 'every day is a school day'.

You would need special shoes for that.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

These are genuine Eley wasp 5.6mm and not Bisley rubbish so ideal for vintage English rifles. I agree with the £15+ valuation which is what I thought, what about genuine Eley 5.5mm Wasps in the purple tins? How much for these?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

You would need special shoes for that.
    Just as long as they come in a sling-back option.

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga Boy View Post
    These are genuine Eley wasp 5.6mm and not Bisley rubbish so ideal for vintage English rifles. I agree with the £15+ valuation which is what I thought, what about genuine Eley 5.5mm Wasps in the purple tins? How much for these?
    Based on the above valuation, probably the same ticket?

Thumbs up

I bought ten tins of the 5.5 Eley wasps off a mate for £50 he also gave me a few tins of the crappy wasps too for plinking!!

I think i've shot two tins, Given six tins away to various mates and I think I still have two tins left! They shoot superbly in my old Venom HW35

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Genuine Eley Wasps in 5.6mm are sought after as they are the correct size to fit in English pre-1970's No.2 Bore barrels. They are absolutely brilliant in early Airsporters, or pre-war BSA Standards, Imp D's etc. The 5.5mm Wasps aren't as sought after, as they are the same size as endless modern pellets which are 10 a penny.

Sadly the Bisley wasps and NOTHING like the genuine pellets, and in my opinion arent worth scrap value, compared to the real thing. I have seen full tins of the 5.6mm Genuine Wasps go for as much as £25.00 on the bay of evil, but that is exceptional.