Thread: Flat trigger Blade

Flat trigger Blade

I have been considering a flat trigger blade I my Sam K11. Has anyone tried a straight trigger blade instead of the usual curved one? If so did you like the change? Which trigger did you use? I quite fancy the tec-hro soft touch option.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Just my opinion,but your finger isn't flat,so why would a flat trigger blade help,I use a bullet point blade on my target rifle,which helps with precise finger placement,I've never tried it for pistol,but I guess it would be better than a flat blade
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Tec-hro manufacture a point trigger for pistol;

http://tec-hro.de/schiesssport/en/ma...uch-point.html

Make sure you specify the pistol make and model as Christoph will widen the shoe as pistol trigger rails tend to be wider than rifle; certainly the Morini is.
    HTH
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    On a rifle, the bullet or point trigger does give you exactly the same location point of touch, but its down side is it does "con" you into not pulling straight, or rather not realising when you do not pull straight, and for that reason is not generally favoured by elite level shooters. I can see no advantage of it on a pistol, and some disadvantages.

Flat or curved, little difference, although a curved is more likely to get precision of location, technique is the king.

The trigger must be taken in a straight line as close to the line of the barrel as possible and a flat or curved trigger face set up in line and with the face at right angle to the bore line will be better. You can sort the location precision by having a small "o" ring on the blade.

Remember, most items in a fishing tackle shop are to catch fishermen, not fish, shooting has a similar philosophy.

Have Fun and good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Robin,

I would mention that Raymond Debevec was using a point trigger a while ago, but his release (with the very tip of his finger, curled inwards) is unorthodox to begin with.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Ok, I'll clarify, unless you are a living legend, who shoots in his own very different style, don't use one!

i.e he does everything different to any one else!

Examples, he uses a post foresight, positions beyond belief, kneeling with knee off the ground, standing, like a guy stood at the bar, pinches the trigger between arched hand with finger and thumb on the back of the grip, yet sets incredible scores and world records. He shot an incredible 300 mt 598 ex 600 Standard rifle score at the end of this year, that's three positions, standing , kneeling, prone, and dropped two points, with a 1500 gm trigger!

Raimond is an enigma, a legend, and a great guy, but any one who uses him as an example to follow is walking a very dangerous line!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Don't forget placing the butt on his deltoid in prone. He's not as well known, but an Olympic bronze, World Championship silver, a European Championship Gold, and a few WC and WCF medals suggests it''s no hindered centre to him.

As Robin suggests a more orthodox technique is best for most normal shooters. By all means experiment, but it''s best to do so after gaining a solid foundation.

I was using the original trigger blade on my feinwerkbau p44 which is curved. Was ok but didn't get the right amount of feel from it. So changed to a straight blade from mec.

http://www.mec-shot.de/en/products/a...mec-trigger-i/

Much better feel from this for me