Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting at home and noise.

I do not find the MP 46M too loud, the cocking stroke is one of the easiest SSP I have used (very efficient for its 460 fps) and I actually like the forward weight. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder; it is not everyone a cup of tea!

The FAS is easier to cock and fairly quiet, but rather low on fps.

The Tau 7 can be adjusted for lower fps/higher shot count but still has a good old crack. I adjusted mine down from 536 fps to 470 fps.

For CO2/PCP I use ear plugs but for SSPs I do not; an indication of the noise levels from the shooters perspective.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I continually see on this forum comment on the FAS 604 being slow, and that it does not produce the sharpest of holes, so what? People need to get over being fixated with power and fps, the design concept of the FAS 604 is around 350 fps and it is very accurate at that, its not a problem, its designed like that.

If you just wish to shoot holes in coke canes then don't buy a FAS, but this is a target forum, the FAS is a target pistol, it is a very accurate pistol, as accurate as any PCP, it is fast enough to punch a hole in a card (supported in a proper holder) that is perfectly adequate to score accurately. Before I turned into a grumpy old fart, and shot at high level I equalled my PB in a match with a FAS 604 in the early 80's with 384 ex 400 at 10mts. They are an excellent pistol and in the days before people were also fixated with changing the seals every month, mine shot regularly both with me and then passed on to a friend who shot it in his county team for 20 years before any need to change the seals.

Its very accurate, easy to cock, and it is quiet, so is the ideal home pistol, go for a Mk 1 or 2 FAS 604 in preference to the 6004.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?