Thread: Shooting at home and noise.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shooting at home and noise.

Match pcp pistols are said to be too loud for shooting at home, especially if you live in a terrace or semi-detached property.

My house stands alone but neighbouring ones are fairly close. When I had my LP10 shooting in the garden was out of the question. Even when I used it in the garage, the sound really reverberated and could be heard outside.

So I used it indoors. But even then, I felt uneasy, as I was pretty sure that something would be heard beyond the exterior walls.

I no longer have that problem. My FWB80 is fine for indoor use and I can get away with using it in the garage. I just wondered how a ssp would compare for home friendly shooting.

Unless you are in a fairly isolated spot or have plenty of land the match pcp doesn't appear to be a good bet for those of us who shoot mainly at home. Especially the compact models.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Hi Arthur, I used to own an FWB P34 and a FAS604 but I am no pistol shooter and have since let them both go.

I agree pcp match pistols are quite noisy, I used to shoot in my garage but after complaints from the wife had to stop.

However the FAS was much quieter and was fairly acceptable to her indoors. The velocity of the FAS was a fair bit lower than the P34 and that could also have been a factor in a lower air blast from the muzzle.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Thanks Mark.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

BigEars Guest
    I used to shoot my Rohm in the garden at times when no one was about but the LP10 is much too loud, it would be a noise nuisance so I drop by the club after walking the dog to get some sneaky practice session in.

I use my FAS604 all the time in our terraced house. Neighbors never heard a thing

I have found the noisiest thing about shooting in my household is the pellet hitting the back of the pellet trap, I think the most important thing is don't let your neighbors see your pistols get some net curtains or draw the curtains.