Thread: Shooting at home and noise.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BigEars Guest
    I used to shoot my Rohm in the garden at times when no one was about but the LP10 is much too loud, it would be a noise nuisance so I drop by the club after walking the dog to get some sneaky practice session in.

I use my FAS604 all the time in our terraced house. Neighbors never heard a thing

I have found the noisiest thing about shooting in my household is the pellet hitting the back of the pellet trap, I think the most important thing is don't let your neighbors see your pistols get some net curtains or draw the curtains.

I always shoot into a box of carpet or paper with sub 6ft lb guns.

I've often considered a FAS, even the new 6004 version, but they seem to struggle to make 350fps.

Still I suppose they are fine if you aren't a competition shooter don't need to produce clean holes in the target.

I'm still wondering if I could get away with a pcp indoors with the curtains drawn and shooting diagonally from one room to another in the central area of the house. The double glazing might also help deaden the sound.

I should have tried it with my AA S400 without silencer before I sold it. I could have taken a shot and got the missus to stand outside and check the noise level.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I always shoot into a box of carpet or paper with sub 6ft lb guns.

I've often considered a FAS, even the new 6004 version, but they seem to struggle to make 350fps.

Still I suppose they are fine if you aren't a competition shooter don't need to produce clean holes in the target.

I'm still wondering if I could get away with a pcp indoors with the curtains drawn and shooting diagonally from one room to another in the central area of the house. The double glazing might also help deaden the sound.

I should have tried it with my AA S400 without silencer before I sold it. I could have taken a shot and got the missus to stand outside and check the noise level.
    For a minute I thought you were going to say "and hold the cigarette".

Blindfolded?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Blindfolded?
    You or the Mrs? Or both?
    I shoot a SAM11K out of my kitchen door down the garden, none of my neighbours have yet objected but the closest neighbour is a shotgun owner so he's already half deaf.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!